A quick and easy Chili Omelet

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

A quick and easy Chili Omelet

Postby TW » November 17th, 2008, 4:09 pm

1/3 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/3 cup of South Western Style Egg Beaters
1/2 cup thickened chili (you don't want it watery)

Using a fork mix the cheese and Egg Beaters. You will want the cheese evenly distributed through out the mixture.

Spray a 9" Teflon coated skillet with Pam or another cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium low to medium heat (depending upon your stove). You don't want to cook the mixture too fast, it will burn, so keep the heat as low as you can.

Pour mixture into skillet and "swirl" the skillet so that the mixture covers the entire bottom of the skillet. Cook until edges start to set, then remove from heat.

Ladle chili onto one half of the omelet, keeping about 1 inch away from the edge. Fold the empty half of the omelet over the chili half, and gently press the edges together. Return to heat and finish cooking, the omelet should have a golden brown skin. If you have done it right you should be able to flip the omelet to cook both sides golden brown. If not, it still taste as good. :lol:

I did not include a chili recipe because chili is such a personal dish, and most think that their version of chili is the best. So use your own chili, or even *shudder* canned chili.

Enjoy,
TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 17th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I don't think my chili is the best....I KNOW it is. :wink:
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » November 17th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Shellie wrote:I don't think my chili is the best....I KNOW it is. :wink:

We will have to agree to disagree (I've always wanted to use that line, :lol: ), because it is really the second best.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”