Pressure Cooker

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Pressure Cooker

Postby jinjer » November 14th, 2008, 1:17 pm

This isn't a recipe. I have been looking for a pressure cooker for a long time. I had one when we first got married, but it wasn't a good one and didn't last long. Anyone have a brand that has really worked for you?

Jinjer

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Presto, The first one was from the early 70's and I just replaced it in 2004. I have never had any problems with them. They come in various sizes and I love my pressure cooker.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » November 14th, 2008, 3:18 pm

Do you have more than one size? What size do you think is good?

Jinjer

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 14th, 2008, 3:59 pm

They have 4 quart 6 quart and 8 quart sizes. I have a 6 quart size, it is perfect for a whole chicken and meals for 4 - 6 people. When all the kids lived close and brought their families over for dinner we used an 8 quart cooker.

I have a great corned beef receipe using the pressure cooker if you are interested.
Last edited by rjc on November 14th, 2008, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » November 14th, 2008, 4:11 pm

I would love the recipe. Corned Beef is one of my favorite meals.

Jinjer

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 14th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Southern Corned Beef

Put corned beef and bag of seasonings that come with it into a pressure cooker and just barely cover it with water. Cook for 30 - 45 minutes depending on size of corned beef after the cooker regulator starts rocking. Let cooker cool down and remove the corned beef, wipe it dry with a paper towel removing any seasoning left on it. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brown sugar and brown mustard together to make a rub. Place corned beef on aluminum foil and coat with the brown sugar and mustard mixture, close and seal the foil. Bake for about 45 minutes.

I served this with white potatoes mashed with sour cream and chives and cabbage/apple coleslaw.

I hope you like this.
rjc

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”