In Case of Attack....

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Are you making any kind of preparations in case of an attack?

Yes, I'm worried and stocking up on supplies
No votes
Yes, I'm worried not sure if I'll stock supplies or not
19%
No, I think it's not necessary
5%
No, everyone is going nuts!!!
14%
I'm building a bomb shelter.....see ya!
14%
I'm cautious and concerned, but not worried.
48%

Total votes: 21

Sherry

In Case of Attack....

Postby Sherry » February 12th, 2003, 6:42 pm

I'm just curious after seeing the news tonight, are any of you taking any kind of precautions in case of an attack? People are buying up batteries, water, food, plastic sheeting and duct tape. Stores are running out of those items.

Just curious what you all are thinking?

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » February 12th, 2003, 11:03 pm

I voted...

I would like to say that I'm not really "worried". I know God is in ultimate control and my life is in His hands. I think something is probably going to happen here but I am not sure if I will stock anything but maybe water.

Pastor Chip
700+ Posts

Re: In Case of Attack....

Postby Pastor Chip » February 12th, 2003, 11:31 pm

YellowRoseTX wrote:I'm just curious after seeing the news tonight, are any of you taking any kind of precautions in case of an attack? People are buying up batteries, water, food, plastic sheeting and duct tape. Stores are running out of those items.

Just curious what you all are thinking?

I'm definitely NOT worried, but neither do I think the threat should be ignored. As of today, I have made no preparations at all; however, after talking to my parents today, I probably will. They can still be pretty convincing...:lol: :lol:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer Psalm 19:14

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

More Choices?

Postby Pastor Gary » February 13th, 2003, 12:00 am

This poll doesn't allow my choice...
I am cautious and concerned, but not worried.

I will take some very basic precautions, but will not hoard food, etc.

We have picked out an area of our home that would be best to seal up should the need arise, and plan to have some military officers in the congregation do a little class for all on how to plan.

But I will not live in fear.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Sherry

Re: More Choices?

Postby Sherry » February 13th, 2003, 12:24 am

Pastor Gary wrote:This poll doesn't allow my choice...
I am cautious and concerned, but not worried.

Well I tried PG to add your choice but I guess you can't edit polls..... :?

Firstson

Revival in Washington

Postby Firstson » February 13th, 2003, 3:29 am

We are having a revival this weekend, and our church is 12 miles from D.C. I think the weather is a greater concern to us then any threats. We are not preparing for terror, just getting ready for the evangelist.

Firstson

Glenda
Needs a hobby

Postby Glenda » February 13th, 2003, 3:36 am

I think taping plastic over your doors and windows is rediculous I cannot imagine it would do any good unless your house was totally airtight and you had a safe oxygen supply. Then you better be prepared to live in your bubble for awhile.

I am not worried. If they get to my water source, they will be within gun range. :twisted: As far as vittles, got plenty out in the yard! If we get hungry enough, fried possum and dandelion greens would be pretty tasty! :lol:

Paully_44
Established Member

Nothing serious

Postby Paully_44 » February 13th, 2003, 4:33 am

I am having a bomb shelter put in my back yard complete. Should be able to lock ourselves in and maintain life for 6-12 months. :roll:

Seriously,

I am cautious, but like Pastor Gary, I will not live in fear.
I have canned food, water, energy bars and batteries for my flashlight stored in my garage. I have had this for some time just incase of power outage, earthquake or whatever. I just thought it would be a good thing to have.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Methusala
Needs a LIFE

stocked up

Postby Methusala » February 13th, 2003, 4:52 am

our fifth wheel is always stocked up because my husband never knows when he is going to have a job away from home- so we are pretty much set up for around 30 days - it is equipped with a generator already, and is self contained.

We haven't taped windows, if something gets to us here, a little duct tape and plastic isn't going to help.

Wendi
Jude 2 - Where salt can keep it's savor

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » February 13th, 2003, 7:09 am

Consider my vote changed from...
To.....
I'm cautious and concerned, but not worried.

Thanx :D

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Not worried

Postby Pastor Bill » February 14th, 2003, 8:29 am

I may be the only one, but I just don't feel there is much cause for concern at all. I don't like the aspects of war, but I know that it does happen, and no matter what God will be with me. Right now I think we have greater threats than physical attacks to be concerned over. From what I have seen in the past I don't think the current threats of war are near the threat of discussion we are seeing invade from within especially when looking at the war on drugs, and the spiritual destruction our nation faces.

Brenda
I can see clearly now!

Postby Brenda » February 14th, 2003, 10:10 am

Bill
I may be the only one, but I just don't feel there is much cause for concern at all.

I guess we feel the same way..
If we're wrong and things get this bad. Then I think I'd rather be taken out at the start of things then to wait till later when things could get much worse. And have to suffer many things. Then die anyhow. Maybe I sound bleak.
Hubby was watching Regis this morning and he had someone on there that was saying something about, this closing up our houses air tight (using the tape and plastic) to keep these chemicals from entering in. It also will keep oxygen from getting in and in about 24 hours I think he said, we would be dead anyway.
Looks like the only help if this chemical war fare gets this close, is to start looking up for that exit in the sky. :lol: A-men?

Brenda
I can see clearly now!

Postby Brenda » February 14th, 2003, 10:18 am

Glenda
As far as vittles, got plenty out in the yard! If we get hungry enough, fried possum and dandelion greens would be pretty tasty!

Ummmm..ummm!! Might sound mighty tasty!
Told hubby this morning, our cats may sound good on the bar-b-Q pit.

Lord deliver me.. I said that!?? :roll:

Did you ever think? That we as American people would be talking like this? :cry: :cry:

Mike Vande
I like flapjacks.

How about my choice?

Postby Mike Vande » February 14th, 2003, 2:23 pm

...which is "Lord, please let 'em drop the "Dirty" bomb on my house and take me home!" Naturally, I am not really buying up supplies. nd hey, if you seal up the room you are in tight enough that radioactive materials, anthrax, and/or nerve gas can't get in, how long is the oxygen in the room gonna last anyway? How long are you gonna have to stay there? Hours? Days? Weeks?

I wanna be at ground zero. I know where I am going...

Vande
Why is it that bad decisions seem to make to most interesting testimonies?

Gerald Creasy

Re: How about my choice?

Postby Gerald Creasy » February 15th, 2003, 5:37 am

Mike Vande wrote:I wanna be at ground zero. I know where I am going...

Vande

No more bills.

No more working for people with half the intelligence you have (or 2/3rds your age)

No more stupid pointless desires.

No more "too much month at the end of the money"

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”