Best Thing to Happen to You Since Last Time

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Best Thing to Happen to You Since Last Time

Postby DeWayneTN » January 20th, 2021, 1:03 pm

I would say I started dropping off Jude2 around 2008, when Facebook started taking off and perhaps even a little before that with MySpace. So in the past 12 years, how have you grown as a person? And what is the best thing to happen to you since then?

Mine is obvious. I got married and now have three kids. It's a completely different world for me since then.

What about you?
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Alan
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Re: Best Thing to Happen to You Since Last Time

Postby Alan » January 27th, 2021, 6:32 am

In the last 12 years? Still living in southeast GA, I have 2 more kids (4 in total now) and a lot more grey. I'm still serving in the local church, now as worship leader and with my wife an another couple in children's ministry.

dolfan
Established Member

Re: Best Thing to Happen to You Since Last Time

Postby dolfan » February 5th, 2021, 11:30 am

DeWayne -- glad you posted here. I thought J2 was gone! :)

In 2017, we moved to Murfreesboro, TN; I now recruit attorneys for law firms around the southeastern US for a search firm based in Nashville.

Our daughter is now a junior in high school. Boys are now in the picture. She drives, we track. Did I mention I have acquired multiple firearms?? LOL She's doing pretty well in school (distance learning). Our big question is what to study in college.

My wife is a regional consultant for a long term care company here; she travels a lot from the Boro down to northern Georgia and all points in sort of in-between over about a dozen of their facilities. That's what brought us here.

I wrapped up my law practice but still handle a few matters remotely for old clients and friends in north Alabama (wills, deeds, etc.). I am still an Alabama licensed attorney.

We attend a large church here. Great teaching and very timely pastoral teaching at that.

Before COVID, we were enjoying making the occasional Grand Ole Opry trip, but we've been very careful with that sort of thing (read: staying at home mostly) with my wife's daily exposure to both the virus and vulnerable patients.

Would love to hear more from others here. Blessings to all of you.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”