New thread, first in years for me

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

New thread, first in years for me

Postby dolfan » August 23rd, 2020, 11:36 am

Hello everyone!

Hope all is well for you and yours.

Would be fun to see updates on who/where/what we are all up to these days

I live in middle TN now since 2017. Moved here for my wife's promotion. I've worked in education and now recruit lawyers for firms across the SE. I also teach law classes for paralegals as an adjunct online instructor.

Daughter is 16, a HS jr. Works, drives. Starts her first dual enrollment class this week for college credit.

We go to a local church, sometimes in person sometimes online. Great teaching. Lots of people.

How bout y'all?
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Re: New thread, first in years for me

Postby jinjer » January 16th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Hey Dolfan!!

I meant to respond when I read this. I can't believe y'all moved to TN. Happy for Leslie's promotion. Remind me what she does.

We moved from HSV to Louisville, Ky, my hometown, in 2013. I'm a nurse practitioner, which I think i was in grad school for that when you helped us with a case. I work in a private office, but looking to work less starting this year.

We are reconnecting over here now since the recent purging of certain groups on social media. You should see more activity in days to come.

Jinjer

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Re: New thread, first in years for me

Postby Pastor Bill » January 19th, 2021, 4:13 am

Well we are still in Kentucky, but have moved around some. I believe last we were really active here I was Pastor at New Life CoGoP in Waynesburg. We stepped down in 2010, The church was ready for a change, we needed a change, and my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer. We moved to be close to Dad, and were able to spend his last 4 years with him.

Just over a year ago we "stepped back into ministry" well we had been very active in the ministry at our local church, but felt the call back "out". Of course I assumed that would be as a Senior Pastor somewhere, there are always churches in our state needing pastors it seems, and I wrestled with God about it for months. Visiting my son's church frequently as the pastor is a friend who I've worked camps with for many years and was helping me pray about it. Till I finally listened and realized I kept making excuses to be there, I felt at home there, and it wasn't all about visiting my son and his wife! I realized they were growing, and would soon outgrow, so I asked if he'd want me there and I am now associate pastor and director of the School of Ministry at Grace Chapel in Taylorsville, KY. We bought a house in Lawrenceburg and moved Christmas 2019.

Since Grace Chapel was my son's church first, I asked him as well, and while I expected an "OK Dad" as he was just recently married and out on his own, I got a relieved "that would be great!". This put us as a family back in one place. My daughter's fiance (at the time) had also moved to that area, and was stepping in as an intern to learn all he can under the pastor (He also knows him from camp and they had been close). All of this worked itself out before we even knew we were moving. So now, my two oldest are happily married, I'm a Papaw! and that tiny baby that Shellie held in Nashville at our Jude2 dinner is 16!
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”