Who witnessed the selection of GO?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Who witnessed the selection of GO?

Postby Rascal » August 3rd, 2014, 3:01 pm

I was told of the process of the selection of the GO. I was not there. It is my understanding it was at 4AM under Holy Ghost direction. Great! Who can enlighten us?

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

Re: Who witnessed the selection of GO?

Postby darylscook » August 4th, 2014, 7:04 am

Rascal wrote:I was told of the process of the selection of the GO. I was not there. It is my understanding it was at 4AM under Holy Ghost direction. Great! Who can enlighten us?

Rascal
You are talking about the meeting of the General Presbyters and the International Presbytery. One of them will have to answer. They were the only ones at that meeting. And considering they could never come to a One Accord agreement with any of the 5 finalists, it probably took the Holy Ghost to help them.

But, I was at the Assembly General Session when Bro. Clements was introduced for His acceptance by the International Assembly. Honestly, I was one who was not excited (ok, upset) about the possibility and then probability (when he wasn't one of the GPs reconfirmed) that he would be the one presented as the recommendation for GO. But, when he was presented and then we were asked to stand being for and then against his selection, I could really feel that God did this. He was the man God wanted.

I believe God directed this! There was no dramatic scenes during the confirmation, but a strong sense that God took care of us!

Bro. Daryl
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor
Pearl Church
The Church of God of Prophecy
Pearl, MS

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

I'm a witness

Postby Pastor Gary » August 12th, 2014, 11:11 pm

I was in the selection meeting and was part of the process. It was 11:20 PM Sunday evening -- not 4 AM -- and I personally attest it was a sovereign move of the Holy Spirit.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”