Billy Wilson..

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Phil Hoover
Hey, hey, hey

Billy Wilson..

Postby Phil Hoover » February 1st, 2013, 8:40 am

Has been selected by the Board of Regents (Trustees) at Oral Robers University as the Fourth President of that great school.

With his rich history as an evangelist, youth director, Headquarters Official, local church pastor, and ministries director, Dr Wilson will be a great leader for this historic campus in Tulsa.

Many of us know him, have served with him, love him, and honor him. Now it is time to wish him well.
There is a ROCK between me and a hard place. His name is JESUS.

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » February 1st, 2013, 11:00 am

Phil

I couldn't agree more. Very excited for him and ORU. Even though I am not a part of the cogop, it certinally is leaving a legacy for the pentecostal movement.

Recently when ORU was under fire and needed a financial miracle, it was a family who came from the cogop that was able to help meet that need. Now their newly appoint president.

In my oponion COGOP can be proud.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

cogop

Postby dawgs10 » February 1st, 2013, 11:46 am

can be very proud. I said a few years ago when VOS was phased out, WE MISSED IT. I still believe that. Lost one of the most anointed minister's in our church at the time.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » February 1st, 2013, 12:43 pm

A nice news clip was on our local evening news about the appointment. I was so glad to hear the news. He is one of the most successful ministers of my time in COGOP. We are proud of him and wish him well.

Mike & Yvonne Harvey
Chattanooga

ichthus
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby ichthus » February 3rd, 2013, 11:51 pm

Does he still hold credentials with the COGOP? An article I read mentions him as being ordained with the COG. I know at one time he held both COGOP and COG credentials. Does anyone know if that is still the case?
ImageImage

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

No

Postby Pastor Gary » February 5th, 2013, 12:04 am

He joined North Cleveland COG a while back.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » February 9th, 2013, 11:57 pm

yep...his bio used to say cogop and cog...now just cog...pretty sure he only represents cog now...not that it matters to me...he is still a product of our church and I will always embrace him as brother regardless of his license certificate...
Pastor Daniel :D

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » February 20th, 2013, 4:44 am

PastorDaniel wrote:yep...his bio used to say cogop and cog...now just cog...pretty sure he only represents cog now...not that it matters to me...he is still a product of our church and I will always embrace him as brother regardless of his license certificate...

As a organization it does matter. I know you agree with on this. COGOP seems to not be able to retain the talent in our organization. In the corporate world people would look at that as a major issue. It should concern us when people out grow the organization. Why can't we make room for those that have large followings and are being used on a larger scale than the system has room for?

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”