Mission resource I have, yours if you want it

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Mission resource I have, yours if you want it

Postby dolfan » December 12th, 2012, 4:25 am

My friend, Larry, whom I mentioned in an earlier post about mp3 players, has given me a copy of the flash drive of materials he has compiled for missionaries/church planters.

It is a vast compilation of public domain and permitted use materials, much of it in Spanish, much of it in English, and even includes a Navajo language bible. It is HTML and PDF and will work on virtually any device with a USB port and even limited capabilities to access documents (i.e., older computers).

Thousands and thousands of files are here. Commentaries. Bibles. Lexicons. You name it. Put together and selected for pastoral training and discipleship. These things are being shipped to mission works in various places as free biblical training materials.

If anyone is interested -- and I'm thinking first of Paul and Pastor Gary because of what you guys do and where you are, etc. -- I am able to share this with you. I could, perhaps, even get more of these drives with these materials loaded on them. Larry is using a high speed duplicator to do some of the work, but has to do some drag and drop for some files individually, for reasons he understands but that I do not. So, there is a little labor in duplication. But, I know that people are here who have strong links to foreign mission work and that you know people who would practially chew their own arms off to get access to some real bible training material.

Let me know if interested. PM, email, or however you like.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

YES!

Postby Pastor Gary » December 12th, 2012, 9:05 am

I do, indeed want this!
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » December 12th, 2012, 9:33 am

Absolutely Interested......Just let me know what I need to do or the info yoou might need.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » December 12th, 2012, 10:59 am

I will email Larry today and see if he can get me two more flash drives and I'll just send them to you via FedEx or UPS or what have you. I think probably there is way too much to try and email. Pastor Gary, if there is a way to simply drop the whole drive's contents in one swoop onto Dropbox, that's another option to get this to you guys --- Paul may have another idea, too.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastor Gary

DropBox

Postby Pastor Gary » December 12th, 2012, 11:00 am

A DropBox link would be fine with me if you have a big space.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » December 12th, 2012, 11:03 am

Just emailed my buddy about that. Hope to have a response soon. He's tried to call me today so I'm sure he'll get the email right away.

Update: He emailed, said he'd get one to me for each of you. He just sent 20 of them to S. America. He's been working with a local pastor on this for a while.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 23rd, 2013, 7:39 am

In touch with my friend today, who emailed me to let me know he has those flash drives loaded and ready to go if I want two. I do, and told him so. I hope to have them sometime in the next week if I get to see him.

Pastor Gary and Paul, if you have preferred addresses, let me know by PM if you like. PG, I had yours from the whole Flat Stanley thing from last year with my daughter, but now I can't put my hands on it. (Thanks again for that, btw.) Paul, I can mail to the address on your WMOF website if you like. Just let me know.

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » January 23rd, 2013, 11:24 pm

Could I somehow jump on the bandwagon somehow here? I don't post much on here anymore...but PG can vouch for what I am doing full-time in Fiji. My wife and I are currently opening 4 cell groups with hopes of planting 2 churches. Plus we just organized a new church and about to organize 2 more very soon.

As the overseer here, we are also responsible for leadership development and ministerial training. I have some hopes of opening a Bible school one day. Thanks for the consideration...I understand if they are all gone.

Blessings, Daniel
Pastor Daniel :D

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 24th, 2013, 4:49 am

Pastor, I am more than happy to ask my friend for another flash drive, for sure. I am confident he will get you one. If not, I will do what I can to duplicate mine, but it will take a while. PM an address to me.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » February 13th, 2013, 10:02 am

PG, Paul & Pastor Daniel, I have three of these flash drives pre-loaded and ready to send to you. I have Daniel's address and PG, I assume I have yours right (never got a confirming email or PM). Paul, I don't know if you'll see this but I'll hold yours until you say "no, thanks" or give me an address.

Thanks,
Tim

Pastor Gary

Sorry

Postby Pastor Gary » February 14th, 2013, 9:08 am

I was SURE I sent you a PM - but maybe not...

45-416 Kamehamehs Highway
Kaneohe, HI 96744

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » February 16th, 2013, 5:17 am

You can send it to

Paul Roberts
6451 Asa Way
Riverside, Ca. 92509

again thank you for thinking of me.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting

and preserving yourself.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » February 19th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Sent out the flash drives today, my bros. please let me know if you find them helpful. Speake Christian Fellowship near Moulton, AL paid for these and is behind this project with Larry Smith. They are tracking where their flash drives are sent and responses. With your permission, I will share your info with them. I was not asked to do that until after I was given them, so please forgive me for not bringing it up before. SCF is a rural church about 10 minutes from my house and they have a very real commitment to missions.

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » February 20th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Feel free to let them know that their hard work will benefit the training of pastors who will plant new churches in the Fiji Islands! And tell them that I greatly appreciate and personally send my thanks for their desire to sow into the kingdom of God.

Blessings to you for your part and theirs as well!

Daniel
Pastor Daniel :D

Pastor Gary

Republic of Kiribati

Postby Pastor Gary » February 21st, 2013, 12:56 am

One of their drives will go to the Republic of Kiribati where Pastor Kantaa Tekaie Randolph will use the resources to disciple young believers.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”