Romney

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Re: Dear President Obama:

Postby dawgs10 » April 24th, 2012, 6:27 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Congratulations on your sure reelection. We conservatives are too ideologically pure to understand the electoral process. We insist that our candidates meet every litmus test imaginable, pass theological muster and we would rather have them jump through all our hoops than be electable, even though it costs us election after election.

So, congrats, sir. You outwitted, outplayed and outlasted the perfectly pure, out of office, declining party of conservatism.

Regardless of ideology I do not think Romney is electable. I'm not sure if any are electable.

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Postby scooter » April 24th, 2012, 9:38 am

dawgs10 wrote:
Pastor Gary wrote:Congratulations on your sure reelection. We conservatives are too ideologically pure to understand the electoral process. We insist that our candidates meet every litmus test imaginable, pass theological muster and we would rather have them jump through all our hoops than be electable, even though it costs us election after election.

So, congrats, sir. You outwitted, outplayed and outlasted the perfectly pure, out of office, declining party of conservatism.

Regardless of ideology I do not think Romney is electable. I'm not sure if any are electable.

Response: What will you say when he's elected? :lol:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Postby Pastor Gary » April 24th, 2012, 10:06 am

dawgs10 wrote:

You may be right. Conservatives don't want to win elections... they just want to hold the moral high ground and complain about Obama (but not enough to unite behind flawed human candidates less than perfect on every single issue.)
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » April 24th, 2012, 11:12 am

It seems to me we are forced every four years to vote for the less awful candidate. It is very frustrating.

Pastor Gary

Exactly

Postby Pastor Gary » April 24th, 2012, 11:54 am

dawgs10 wrote:It seems to me we are forced every four years to vote for the less awful candidate. It is very frustrating.

That is EXACTLY what elections are. Now you're catching on. You don't really think everyone who voted for Obama knew (or cared) what his stands were on every issue, do you? They voted for him because they wanted a Democrat — ANY Democrat — to win.

As soon as conservatives figure that out, we will be back in power.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » April 24th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Pastor Gary Posted:
dawgs10 wrote:
It seems to me we are forced every four years to vote for the less awful candidate. It is very frustrating.

That is EXACTLY what elections are. Now you're catching on. You don't really think everyone who voted for Obama knew (or cared) what his stands were on every issue, do you? They voted for him because they wanted a Democrat — ANY Democrat — to win.

Gary is soooo right, I have friends that will vote democrat if it hair lips the devel, and they just about did with Obama. Some of them were talking about Mitt's religion and having multiple wives untill I reminded them that Obama's dad had five wives and the list goes on.

What we have to realize is that rather we want to believe it or not Obama is a Muslim even though he tells everyone that he is a Christian. I wished that I had shared a video the other day were they had film clips of him before Muslim groups. It was the "holy koran" this and the "holy koran" that. Also how much superior Muslims were over the rest of us. Though it was sicking to hear the man that was suppost to the leader of our country not holding to our country.

I can still see him bowing and kissing the hand of the Turk sheik. We don't need any body with his mind set trying to lead us. As much as I wouldn't want the symbol of liberalism, John Kerry, I would vote for him before I would even think about voting for biggest threat we've had against our democracy, Obama.

I am disturbed that so many for the sake of a party would be so willing sell out our country. Beware for Nero (Obama) had his fiddle in his hand and is willing for the US to burn for the sake of Islum. Check it out.

I'm not talking against Democrat or Repulican, rather for the sake of our country. I would feel the same way if it was the other way round.
God Bless

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » April 25th, 2012, 2:16 am

Good grief, Mitt doesn't have multiple wives and never has and neither do members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. AhHHHHHh!

Obama's religious views are anti-America!

Mitt's religious views are not.

You say he is a cult member and maybe I say you are a cult member (I have no idea). I'm not electing a Pope, a Lord, a Savior, a King, or a spiritual mentor. I am electing a president, someone to direct the everyday affairs of the Executive branch of our government and the intent is that we the people closely supervise his every action and fire him in 4 years if he neglects his duties.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Re: Exactly

Postby dawgs10 » April 25th, 2012, 7:20 am

Pastor Gary wrote:
dawgs10 wrote:It seems to me we are forced every four years to vote for the less awful candidate. It is very frustrating.

But that is the issue Gary. I don't vote Republican just because the are Republican. I want the best man for the job and I am tired of having who ever the Republican party scares up thrown at me. Not Obama is not good enough. The argument the Republican party had four years ago can work today. Any kind of "change" is not necessarily good.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » April 25th, 2012, 7:23 am

Full Quiver wrote:Good grief, Mitt doesn't have multiple wives and never has and neither do members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. AhHHHHHh!

You say he is a cult member and maybe I say you are a cult member (I have no idea). I'm not electing a Pope, a Lord, a Savior, a King, or a spiritual mentor. I am electing a president, someone to direct the everyday affairs of the Executive branch of our government and the intent is that we the people closely supervise his every action and fire him in 4 years if he neglects his duties.

This can swing both ways. The republican party uses religion as a issue every election and they should. But in this case they are willing to over look the fact that he is a member of a cult. It has to work both ways. If religious views are important with dems. than they must be important for repubs. I am not saying that I will vote for Obama but when is the republican party gonna wise up?

Pastor Gary

Re: Exactly

Postby Pastor Gary » April 25th, 2012, 10:31 am

dawgs10 wrote:But that is the issue Gary. I don't vote Republican just because the are Republican.

Then be prepared for many Democrats in office.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » April 26th, 2012, 2:29 am

Gary, I don't think that Dawgs is bothered at all to have many democrats in office.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » April 26th, 2012, 3:43 am

Full Quiver wrote:Gary, I don't think that Dawgs is bothered at all to have many democrats in office.

Not true. I could care less what party is where. It's the people that concern me. Obama has got to go. The "grand ole party" is planning to replace him with someone that can't do the job. And the American people will continue to follow.

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » April 26th, 2012, 4:38 am

Classic too smart by half statements

You can only opine about this for so long. Mitt appears to have clearly won, He beat the underwhelming competition and that is what we have to work with to unseat the Obama Administration.. Good or Bad. Compared to the current Administration... it will be a GOOD change in direction. Something I will GLADLY support him over this....

Example: OBAMA ADMIN EPA POLICY:
EPA Official's 'Philosophy' On Oil Companies: 'Crucify Them Like the ROMANS did'

Salazar: 'No one knows' if US headed to $9/gal gas

And to the ones that want to divide on non essential details.... Jesus loves ALL of them ( not just you ). He died for ALL of them ( not just you ). His Mercy, Love, and abundant GRACE extends to ALL of them ( not just you ). It's not about what is RIGHT in your eyes.. it's about what is GOOD in His.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » April 26th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Full Quiver wrote:

Yet, the president makes many decisions that effect the moral and spiritual climate of our nation. I believe Obama has made several such decisions.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » April 26th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Full Quiver wrote;
Good grief, Mitt doesn't have multiple wives and never has and neither do members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. AhHHHHHh!

Obama's religious views are anti-America

This is the point I've been trying to get over. If he (Obama) goes back in the next election then everyone will lose. Most of the people that he appointed could care less about the well being of the US. Check it out. Mitt may not have been my first choice, but he is a better choice then anti-America. What dems did sixty or eighty years ago is not what is happening now.
God Bless

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”