Romney

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Romney

Postby Full Quiver » April 17th, 2012, 2:35 am

I had been supporting Santorum in the primary campaigns and hope he finds his way into the next administration somehow.

Looks like Romney will probably be the nominee now for sure; next week's primaries will solidify that I believe.

Are you getting on the Romney train?
If not why?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

scooter
--== J2 ==--

YES

Postby scooter » April 17th, 2012, 2:49 am

ABO!! :lol:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » April 17th, 2012, 7:22 am

Anybody But Obama. :wink:
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » April 17th, 2012, 9:37 am

Absolutely not. Romney is just Obama in sheep's clothing. Can you spell "RomneyCare"?

If that's my only choices, I will join the other Republicans in the not voting category. I might go write in Donald Trump. 8)

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » April 17th, 2012, 10:17 am

PA, if you think writing in Trump is better than Romney then you are ill advised. Trump is not a conservative.

For the record, Romneycare doesn't bother me anymore than any law in Massachusetts does. I don't live there and it doesn't effect or affect me.

Same goes for laws in Mississippi, Florida, Oregon, or Utah. States have the rights to do as their own personal constitutions allow. Massachusetts has a Constitution that allows for Romneycare and evidently the people like it. It doesn't bother me in Tennessee.

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » April 17th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Full Quiver wrote:PA, if you think writing in Trump is better than Romney then you are ill advised. Trump is not a conservative.

For the record, Romneycare doesn't bother me anymore than any law in Massachusetts does. I don't live there and it doesn't effect or affect me.

Same goes for laws in Mississippi, Florida, Oregon, or Utah. States have the rights to do as their own personal constitutions allow. Massachusetts has a Constitution that allows for Romneycare and evidently the people like it. It doesn't bother me in Tennessee.

It may not bother you now, but don't kid yourself. There are those on both sides of the aisle who seek for socialized health care and will stop at nothing than for Big Brother to control every aspect of personal living.

Trump was kind of a joke, though I do believe he has good business sense. My overall choice would have been Palin, and though I don't think she has the experience in International affairs for President... neither does Obama.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » April 17th, 2012, 3:42 pm

I thought Romney would have to select Santorum as VP mate. However, today, Romney was throwing out names for VP and Santorum was not one of them. Of course that does not mean anything, but I thought he would have to take Santorum to get the conseratives on board. There biggest challenge is to get the vote out. So many conseratives will just stay at home if there is not a conserative on the ticket.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » April 18th, 2012, 2:13 am

Trump was kind of a joke, though I do believe he has good business sense.

And Romney doesn't have good business sense?

I think that if Conservatives ever want to be able to have an opportunity to vote for a Reagan like candidate again then they best make sure Obama doesn't get re-elected this time.

Romney isn't my first three choices but Obama must go.

mavislb
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby mavislb » April 18th, 2012, 3:29 pm

I was among the voters 4 years ago that decided I didn't like either choice so I voted independent. Unfortunately there were too many of us that did that and look what happened. We need to stick together with whoever (Romney) is the candidate and support him or we will have another 4 years of worse than we have now.

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » April 18th, 2012, 6:19 pm

pastorables Posted:
Absolutely not. Romney is just Obama in sheep's clothing. Can you spell "RomneyCare"?

If that's my only choices, I will join the other Republicans in the not voting category. I might go write in Donald Trump.

mavislb Posted:
I was among the voters 4 years ago that decided I didn't like either choice so I voted independent. Unfortunately there were too many of us that did that and look what happened. We need to stick together with whoever (Romney) is the candidate and support him or we will have another 4 years of worse than we have now.

It was those that didn't vote and those that voted renegade (somebody that didn't have a chance in well you know where), along with those that acorn guided to vote for their man that put Obama in. Without your help they would never have pull it off.
God Bless

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » April 19th, 2012, 8:35 pm

oletimer wrote:It was those that didn't vote and those that voted renegade (somebody that didn't have a chance in well you know where) ...

:shock: :oops: :? :sb_wow:
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » April 20th, 2012, 5:59 am

Hey. I'm as politically conservative as it gets.

But the Love of Jesus has shown and lead me to lay all that stuff down and accept people and Jesus freely accepts me. It's liberating to see as he does.

With that said.. I still want to support the causes I think are Good and not sheer Evil... AND It was NO candidate that met my requirements. Neither Trump, Santorum, Newt, or Romney... etc.

BUT... I will GLADLY, PROUDLY support Romney ( or whomever the Republican Nominee ) over Obama and dance a jig out of the ballot box doing so... because it will be a GOOD change for the USA over Obama and his revisionists. Obama has proven himself with a terrible 4 year record, stifling oil and energy, staggering spending and our economy is a HUGE mess. It's literally thriving in SPITE of him. The American people are amazing.

So anybody but Obama. Anybody but Biden. Anybody but Eric Holder, Anybody but Timothy Geithner, Anybody but Hillary Clinton, Anybody but Janet Napolitano, Anybody but Kathleen Sebelius, Anybody but Steven Chu.... you get the point. It's more than one man. It's the administration and people in positions of power.

I am READY to vote.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

surprised

Postby dawgs10 » April 23rd, 2012, 6:51 am

i have been amazed at the amount of people that spend time speaking about Obama's religious choices yet have no issue voting for a cult memeber....I just can't understand that.

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » April 23rd, 2012, 5:49 pm

dawgs10 Posted:
i have been amazed at the amount of people that spend time speaking about Obama's religious choices yet have no issue voting for a cult memeber....I just can't understand that.

I do not find any compairison between Islum religion and the Mormons. Though I have problems with their beliefs (Mormons) as obedieance to the doctrine of Christ, I don't in relation to being Americans. Muslums are a threat to the very core of Americas and or Christians.
God Bless

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Dear President Obama:

Postby Pastor Gary » April 23rd, 2012, 6:11 pm

Congratulations on your sure reelection. We conservatives are too ideologically pure to understand the electoral process. We insist that our candidates meet every litmus test imaginable, pass theological muster and we would rather have them jump through all our hoops than be electable, even though it costs us election after election.

So, congrats, sir. You outwitted, outplayed and outlasted the perfectly pure, out of office, declining party of conservatism.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”