Are you marking 4/20?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Are you marking 4/20?

Postby dolfan » April 20th, 2010, 4:41 am

One has to do with weed, the other with good seed. Hope your 4/20 is filled with Mark 4:20!
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Are you marking 4/20?

Postby Paully_44 » April 20th, 2010, 6:21 am

dolfan wrote:One has to do with weed, the other with good seed. Hope your 4/20 is filled with Mark 4:20!

8) 8)
very good.
Let the wild rumpus start!

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » April 20th, 2010, 8:01 am

Awesome "Cast the Seed and Rest"... as in Mark 4:27

27. And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.

Awesome stuff... thanks for sharing.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » April 20th, 2010, 10:37 am

Well, if you cast good "seed", you will find yourself with good "weed".

Sorry, couldn't resist since I'm in CA and we WILL have legal recreational MJ this year.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

The land of nuts, fruits, and flakes will now be the land of spaced out dudes and dudettes!!!
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » April 20th, 2010, 11:59 pm

weed should be legalized nation wide for medical use. Not addictive at all and it brings back peoples appetite. Morphine or weed for pain? weed!
To many people get so addicted to pain meds innocently, imagine that not happening and cancer patiens eating when so many have issues eating during treatment.

sorry to hijack , that was good dolfan..

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » April 21st, 2010, 2:38 am

Sorry DB but Cali already is the land of spaced out dudes and dudettes. I suppose too many years there has rocked you to sleep in that area. 8)
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » April 21st, 2010, 4:51 am

dbserv wrote:Sorry, couldn't resist since I'm in CA and we WILL have legal recreational MJ this year.

talk here of the same, at least putting out on an initiative.
Let the wild rumpus start!

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » April 21st, 2010, 11:03 am

I have a friend in CA. that has a permit for medical weed. can fill it so many times a day..

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » April 21st, 2010, 11:26 am

Full Quiver wrote:Sorry DB but Cali already is the land of spaced out dudes and dudettes. I suppose too many years there has rocked you to sleep in that area. 8)

I'm hardly asleep on this issue.

Our county is one of ONLY TWO in the entire state that refuses to follow state law and issue MJ cards.

I know that it is easy to get the cards in the other counties and it's easy to get the MJ. But, as soon as it becomes legal for "recreational use", the usage will sky rocket and you will see much more of the population become lethargic and "laid back".
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

beckrl
Woohoo!

Postby beckrl » April 21st, 2010, 1:19 pm

Some thirty fold some a hundred The thirty fold is designed to express the lowest degree of fruitfulness the hundred fold the highest "The return" says Trench of an hundred for one is not unheard of in the East though always mentioned as something extraordinary Parables p 76 At Geneva in 1855 I got from an adjoining field a single ear or spike of barley containing 276 grains Trench in a note remarks that Herodotus mentions that two hundred fold was a common return in the plain of Babylon and sometimes three and Niebuhr mentions a species of maize that returns four hundred fold In 1868 a year remarkable for its heat in Great Britain it is mentioned in the newspapers that in a field of wheat in Kent there were many single seeds which produced each thirty straws topped with closely set and fully developed ears which yielded between 900 and 1000 grains from a single parent seed Morison

Out of one seed of grain of Barley the ear can have thirty fold, some sixty some hundred.

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » April 21st, 2010, 2:31 pm

dbserv wrote:
Full Quiver wrote:Sorry DB but Cali already is the land of spaced out dudes and dudettes. I suppose too many years there has rocked you to sleep in that area. 8)

I'm hardly asleep on this issue.

Our county is one of ONLY TWO in the entire state that refuses to follow state law and issue MJ cards.

I know that it is easy to get the cards in the other counties and it's easy to get the MJ. But, as soon as it becomes legal for "recreational use", the usage will sky rocket and you will see much more of the population become lethargic and "laid back".

I am sorry and I know that must be discouraging. Continue to pray for your region. Sam and I were just talking about how much Washington State has changed since we grew up there.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Brian
Da Bomb!

Postby Brian » April 21st, 2010, 6:32 pm

Come on guys, you can't seriously believe that just because a state may legalize marijuana, that it would produce "more" users just because it's "legal". The main thing it does is bring it from the shadows out into the public eye. So to those who have no connection to the marijuana industry it must seem like a shock to the senses with the opening of those thousands of mj dispensaries, but trust me, those folks have been in the "business" for way way longer than it's been in the open.

Ok, I guess it would allow people to use it who otherwise wouldn't because of there employment or whatever. I have heard a couple people who are nurses who said that if it was legal they would do it because they wouldn't loose there nursing licence. But seriously, those people have most likely used mj before and have no problem with it, so I don't really consider them to be anti-marijuana.

So do the laws really keep folks from using? I can't say with any certainty. I know that I know ALOT and I seriously mean ALOT of marijuana users who use in spite of it being illegal. I can't imagine that there would be this mass influx to the marijuana users world just based on it's legal status.
"My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

http://www.myspace.com/twiztidstr8

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » April 21st, 2010, 7:10 pm

I know a lot who use it in spite of it being illegal as well.

However, I know a lot more people who would use it if it were legal. Some because of the job thing, others because they can't risk more legal trouble, others because they don't want to do "illegal" acts, and some because of the high price - due to being "illegal".

So, yeah, based on my personal conversations with people, the use in CA will go up considerably once it's "legal". The drug cartels are against this prop because it will take many of their customers. However, the nurseries are gearing up to provide materials (openly and legally) for the growing season next year.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”