Simple Life 2

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Simple Life 2

Postby Pastor Gary » August 13th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Okay, I confess. I watch in horror waiting to see how totally inappropriate Nicole Ritchie will be. My daughter has a young friend who is pretty much just like her, and we always look at each other and say "A _ _ _ _ _ Y.!" when we see Nicole doing stuff. That girl has no filter.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Sherry

Re: Simple Life 2

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 5:03 pm

I, like you, watched it in horror just to see what on earth those girls would do next! :shock: It was like watching a train wreck, you can't turn away!! :? The lack of common sense was just amazing....I cringed everytime they opened their mouth when they were in some poor souls home. Why on earth did those people agree to let them in their homes? There is no way I'd let them in my house. They just had no respect for anyone or anything. It really was sad. Hilton wasn't as bad, but Ritchie...OH MY!!! :shock:

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

$$$$

Postby Pastor Gary » August 13th, 2004, 5:59 pm

I suspect those "poor souls" were very highly compensated for their inconvenience. Everyone with a "speaking part" gets Union Scale and maybe residuals for each broadcast; the home was a "Set" so there are huge rental fees for that... could have made many thousands of dollars for putting up with those two for a day or so.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Sherry

Re: $$$$

Postby Sherry » August 13th, 2004, 6:18 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:I suspect those "poor souls" were very highly compensated for their inconvenience. Everyone with a "speaking part" gets Union Scale and maybe residuals for each broadcast; the home was a "Set" so there are huge rental fees for that... could have made many thousands of dollars for putting up with those two for a day or so.

Well then.......I can understand putting up with those pests for a day or two. :lol: I bet they had to shell out some big bucks though for season 2.......people knew what to expect!! Yikes! :shock: :lol:

Return to “Entertainment”