survivor!

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » April 18th, 2009, 8:22 am

teach wrote:I took the statement as Jeff being sarcastic.

'Sarcastic' fits, in a way. And, I would add, 'pandering.' Jeff can't say what he really thinks, so he panders to Coach's ego to keep the feelings good, while also attempting to communicate to the rest of us that Jeff himself is brilliant.

Jeff, you got lucky, dude. Enjoy the money, and milk your good fortune for all it's worth. Keep stroking Coach's ego, start your show with him, and let's see just how brightly brilliance can shine.
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

spoiler

Postby Susie Hamilton » April 23rd, 2009, 3:08 pm

I loved the blindside.
To God be the Glory.

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » April 23rd, 2009, 6:08 pm

Ja, ja, ja! Der Führer ist kaputt!
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » April 24th, 2009, 5:21 am

wow, GREAT EPISODE!!!!

I love it when they completely blindside someone, especially a jerk like tyson!!!

Wendy Cook

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » April 24th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Didn't you just love the look on Tyson's face, and coach!!!! I almost ROFL.
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » April 25th, 2009, 2:30 pm

It was great, did you see the expression on Coach's face, he thought he had total control of the game.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » April 25th, 2009, 2:35 pm

Yep and at the end I think he realized he was not in control, I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the Glory.

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » April 25th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Rahab wrote:Didn't you just love the look on Tyson's face, and coach!!!! I almost ROFL.

Yes oh Yes. I hope that Coach gets it even better.

That was as good as the Fake Idol blind side of last year.
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » April 25th, 2009, 4:20 pm

rjc wrote:It was great, did you see the expression on Coach's face, he thought he had total control of the game.

Coach is a controller. The whole spiel he made in the tribal counsel about J.T. being a man of his word and an honorable warrior was one of the ways he tries to blackmail people emotionally, to appeal to their better nature in order to control them.

I'm starting not to like Survivor. When it comes right down to it, it's about who lies, cheats, and controls the best. When it gets down to the end, it's every person out to defeat everyone else. The trust that is built has to get thrown in the trash, and the game forces people to betray each other. That's starting to leave a bad taste with me. I wonder if others have that feeling about it sometimes.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » April 26th, 2009, 10:31 am

Tim Elston wrote:That's starting to leave a bad taste with me. I wonder if others have that feeling about it sometimes.

Yeah, I agree. I've said recently that they should have some type of additional way to keep good players in the game. I think the way it's structured now, the best players have big targets on their backs and have a disadvantage, especially if they refused to participate in backstabbing.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

pastorsa1
Needs Decaf

Postby pastorsa1 » April 27th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Coach is a controller. The whole spiel he made in the tribal counsel about J.T. being a man of his word and an honorable warrior was one of the ways he tries to blackmail people emotionally, to appeal to their better nature in order to control them.

I'm starting not to like Survivor. When it comes right down to it, it's about who lies, cheats, and controls the best. When it gets down to the end, it's every person out to defeat everyone else. The trust that is built has to get thrown in the trash, and the game forces people to betray each other. That's starting to leave a bad taste with me. I wonder if others have that feeling about it sometimes.

I would love to see coach voted off this week!!

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 1st, 2009, 2:36 am

I was very disappointed they sent Sierra home last night. Debbie should have gone, especially with all that backpedaling and crying. I think if Debbie and Coach go, I'd be okay with any of the others winning. We may actually have a likable winner this year!
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 1st, 2009, 12:20 pm

yeah, coach is definitely showing some serious craziness now. Was it me or did he compare himself to Jesus Christ?....

It was no surprise that sierra went home, but tj, taj, and stephen are running this show, so it should end well

wendy k

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » May 1st, 2009, 1:26 pm

I would like to see coach go next week. I don't want to see him in the fianl 4 where he would get a lot more money. They receive more money the longer they stay.
To God be the Glory.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » May 8th, 2009, 2:40 am

Tim Elston wrote:I'm starting not to like Survivor. When it comes right down to it, it's about who lies, cheats, and controls the best. When it gets down to the end, it's every person out to defeat everyone else. The trust that is built has to get thrown in the trash, and the game forces people to betray each other. That's starting to leave a bad taste with me. I wonder if others have that feeling about it sometimes.

Tim, I understand your feelings, but that's the game. In the end the jury ends up voting for the winner. So you have to lie, cheat and control in a way that the folks you vote off still like you. In the end you have to be better at it than someone else. Just like J.T.

I was glad to see Debbie go last night, did you again see the look on Coach's face. I think J.T and Stephen are keeping him around to stroke his ego to make him think he is in control and then the real Dragon slayer's will slay the fake Dragon otherwise known as Coach.

Did you catch Jeff's comment about I guess that was another Indian tribe in the Amazon that told you that Coach or something like that. I thought that was great.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Entertainment”