Next G O

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Next G O

Postby Rascal » February 3rd, 2014, 4:44 am

[quote]what should be the requirements for the position on General Overseer? Young middle age, or seasoned? American? College educated? Male? Former overseer? Should individuals be able to apply? Should there be term limits? Required to speak Spanish? Have a college degree in finance? Disclose their belief on homosexuality and Christianity? Just to name a few

captaindw
Frequent Flyer

Postby captaindw » February 5th, 2014, 10:12 am

Having international experience, missions work, and speak other languages would be a plus in my view. A former or current overseer for a nation or large state would be a plus, not sure about local pastors that lack that experience.

All the candidate’s names I’ve heard here in the Western US, so far are “seasoned” and very loved and respected in our church. But they are 65+ and may not want to stick around for a long time.

How about appointing a G.O. for a couple of years, with the candidate’s agreement, and then start a long-term search for the next G.O. ?

PastorP
Hall Of Fame

Requirements for GO!

Postby PastorP » February 11th, 2014, 7:28 am

First and foremost, as a body of believers, we must allow the Holy Spirit to place His anointing on the one God desires for us to receive as GO. He did so when David was anointed king and God is still God and does not change!
PastorP
Proverbs 3:6 (MSG) Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » February 19th, 2014, 10:05 am

IS God's Spirit confined to make such a selection from only within current CoGoP membership or is He given the liberty to give you a GO from anywhere within the kingdom?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

oletimer
Da Bomb!

uiver

Postby oletimer » February 24th, 2014, 2:59 pm

So Full Quiver your are saying that God maybe should have taken a look at a Philistine instead of David
God Bless

Phil Hoover
Hey, hey, hey

Maybe a woman...

Postby Phil Hoover » February 25th, 2014, 9:35 am

I can think of two that would be terrific.

Internationally known and respected

Both have masters' degrees

Both are seasoned ministers in a variety of circumstances....
There is a ROCK between me and a hard place. His name is JESUS.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » February 26th, 2014, 6:53 am

Oletimer, why?

Philistines weren't part of the kingdom.

CoGoP maintains that they are part of the greater body of Christ which includes many organizations of Christians.

With that in mind, would one not consider that the GO could come from the vast majority of Christians that are not within CoGoP now?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » February 27th, 2014, 7:47 am

Full Quiver wrote:Oletimer, why?

Philistines weren't part of the kingdom.

CoGoP maintains that they are part of the greater body of Christ which includes many organizations of Christians.

With that in mind, would one not consider that the GO could come from the vast majority of Christians that are not within CoGoP now?

Honestly I am probably one of the biggest supporters of the idea that we are all part of the same kingdom, but bringing in someone from outside the organization to lead the organization doesn't really make sense. That person would have to learn our organization and the way things are structured. This happens in the business world often, but the result (and often the intent) is complete restructuring. I don't see that really fitting what the CoGoP is looking for, or ready for.

Is there restructuring needed (probably some) but it would not be accepted, nor would it be a smooth transition if it were part of a GO selection.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”