Get in line for a shot at . . .

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

Get in line for a shot at . . .

Postby TW » November 18th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Here's my top 10 (Championship elegible):

1. Alabama
2. Kansas State
3. Florida State
4. Texas A&M
5. Oregon
6. Florida
7. LSU
8. Georiga
9. South Carolina
10. Stanford

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » November 18th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Have you seen the BCS power rankings for this week? They have ND in, which we both hate to see, but not at number 1 (although they will be at 1 in the polls).

If the possibility of an Alabama v ND BCSCG is real, then I want ND at no. 1. No possible matchup in the national championship game excites me more, no matter the year. No pleasure exists for a Bama fan like beating ND, even over Auburn and Tennessee. To have a shot at doing that with everything on the line.....not since 1974. So, yeah, we want that matchup, win or lose. We are 1-5 vs the Irish, and we were gypped out of one. We lost the Sugar Bowl on 12/31/1973, 24-23 in one of the greatest games ever played. We lost the Orange Bowl on 1/1/1975 to them 13-11. We would win this one, and I don't boast much, as you know. In fact, I have been a realist all season. But, we would beat ND.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » November 19th, 2012, 6:23 pm

dolfan wrote:If the possibility of an Alabama v ND BCSCG is real, then I want ND at no. 1. No possible matchup in the national championship game excites me more, no matter the year.

As of Friday, i had not intentions of watching the championship game. 2 team i whole heartedly despise were in the hunt. Then, The Cardinal (who were 3 TD''s underdogs) beat the dux on their own pond.

I may not be a Bama fan, but I'll be pulling for them in the championship game to not only beat, but to destroy the golden domes in all apsects of the game. Until N.D gets into a conference for their football program, they shouldnt be considered for a BCS bowl imho.

order in College Football has almost been restored.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » November 20th, 2012, 7:06 am

I can already see the T-shirts and the hype.

"THIS One Is For The Bear!!" Bryant never beat ND in his career. You can YouTube and watch the last 10 minutes (only about 3 game minutes) of the Sugar Bowl where ND came back at the end of the game to win by 1. Keith Jackson and Howard Cosell in the booth. Bear Bryant and Ara Parseghian on the sidelines. There is just nothing any more "college football" than that, IMO.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » November 23rd, 2012, 6:06 am

As most of you know I despise the SEC in football, and I was hoping for once that this year there would not be a SEC team in the NC game. But thanks to K-State and Oregon choking, it looks like it will be another SEC team in the NC game.

I'm pulling, praying rooting for USC to beat ND so they won't be in the NC game, but if they are, and they play Bama, I hope Saban hangs 100 on ND. I promise you if ND was playing the devil and his angels I would root for the devil. I can't stand ND!
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » November 24th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Rob wrote:As most of you know I despise the SEC in football, and I was hoping for once that this year there would not be a SEC team in the NC game. But thanks to K-State and Oregon choking, it looks like it will be another SEC team in the NC game.

yep, K-State and oregon.. both chokers. cant say I wasnt happy see oregun choke regardless of how that affected the BCS

Rob wrote:I'm pulling, praying rooting for USC to beat ND so they won't be in the NC game, but if they are, and they play Bama, I hope Saban hangs 100 on ND. I promise you if ND was playing the devil and his angels I would root for the devil. I can't stand ND!

Amen.....amen and amen...... may notor lame go down in flames.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”