American Idol

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Darling
Woohoo!

American Idol

Postby Darling » February 26th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Just wondering what you all are thinking with this years A.I.

rough_rider
I can see clearly now!

IMHO

Postby rough_rider » February 26th, 2010, 6:22 pm

There are a couple guys that can sing, the kid with the long hair for sure. As for the girls, one maybe two and that's about it. This year is slim pickins. :(
In the presence of Jehovah, God almighty, Prince of peace.
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended, in the presence of
The King.
ImageImage . Image .Image

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » February 26th, 2010, 8:04 pm

sorry, mom. with the Olympics and all. we've kinda lost interest. maybe when they get to the final 12 we'll start watching again.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » February 28th, 2010, 9:41 am

Yeah, me too.

Have "watched" it, as in the DVR played it but I wasn't paying close attention. Too tv:ed out from the O' Games.

Will get into AI next week.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » March 3rd, 2010, 2:56 pm

We quit watching AI three seasons back. The addition of Ellen and now possibly Howard Stern would not have helped the cause of AI with us.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » March 3rd, 2010, 3:29 pm

pastorables wrote:We quit watching AI three seasons back. The addition of Ellen and now possibly Howard Stern would not have helped the cause of AI with us.

pa

Howard Stern is out.

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » March 4th, 2010, 9:24 am

I think once Simon leaves the show may last 2 or 3 more seasons before it ends.

Darling
Woohoo!

Postby Darling » March 11th, 2010, 4:03 am

thought Michael did a great job last night.

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » March 12th, 2010, 9:04 am

First FAIL of the season: sending Todrick home and keeping the 16 year old boy. Oh well.

Darling
Woohoo!

Postby Darling » April 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Two more go home tomorrow. Wonder who they will be.

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » April 14th, 2010, 7:37 am

Darling wrote:Two more go home tomorrow. Wonder who they will be.

Aaron and Andrew

volkswagen
Newcomer

Postby volkswagen » December 13th, 2011, 1:25 am

here i am talking about American Idol-2011 "American Idol” really likes to ratchet up the drama on results night, and it always gets a little out of control narrowing the final three to the final two. Hours before the show started, Fox sent out a release boasting that 95 million votes — the most for a non-finale night EVER — had been cast for Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart.

Ryan Seacrest mentions this at the top of the show, though of course the results won’t be revealed until the very last possible second. Instead, there’s an hour to kill before the contestants get the news of their lives. Judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler appear on stage — they don’t really do anything on results night, so they’re more like props. Props wearing very short shorts (J-Lo) and snakeskin pants (guess who), but props nonetheless.

After mentor Jimmy Iovine makes a fearless prediction that a guy will be in the finale (ya think?) and everyone has been properly introduced, Seacrest kicks off the time-honored tradition of Ways to Waste Our Time on Results Night.

First up is an Idolette trip to the J.J. Abrams factory, also known as production company Bad Robot. Abrams, who just so happens to have a show on Fox (”Fringe”) is also the writer-director of the upcoming supernatural film “Super 8.” J.J. tells the Idolettes (the top three, plus last week’s evictee James Durbin) more than once that they are seeing highly classified material — scenes from the movie — that few others have seen. Until, well, now, when the scenes are played for millions. J.J. equips the Idolettes with old fashioned Super 8 cameras and sends them on their way.

Return to “Entertainment”