LOST

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

LOST

Postby DeWayneTN » February 3rd, 2010, 6:13 am

Who watched the premiere last night? What are your thoughts, theories? The creators have said there are mirrored worlds, two alternate realities. I wonder if when the characters die on the island (as Juliet did), they're transformed to the normal life?
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » February 3rd, 2010, 4:29 pm

I watched last night and am looking forward to balance of the show.

I don't think that the characters that die are transformed back to their normal lives. The reason being that Jack, Kate, Sawyer and several other characters were on the plane but still alive back on the island. There were several of them that had died that were on the plane also. I don't think we will get the complete picture until the last episode.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 3rd, 2010, 5:44 pm

I think there is going to be something to Juliet talking to Sawyer about having coffee together.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » February 3rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

rjc and I were talking about the show earlier tonight. Here is something I think might be worth watching for. What really happened to Jacob? When Ben was staring at the fire pit there was no body in it. There should have been a burnt body lying in the pit, but there was only a small fire burning. Then consider that an hour later Jacob talked to Hugo and told him to take Sayid to the temple. Then at the temple the "healing pool" was colored blood red and the hippy looking guy remarked about it wasn't clear. After they placed Sayid in the pool he died anyway, at least for awhile. I think that Jacob's life force has transferred into Sayid, via the water in the pool. I don't think that we've seen the last of Jacob.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Return to “Entertainment”