cook book

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

mavislb
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

cook book

Postby mavislb » December 27th, 2009, 12:38 pm

My Girl Scout troop is making a recipe book - several different categories including one just for uses of Girl Scout cookies. If anyone has a recipe they would like to include please feel free to post it. And we thank you in advance. If you have any association with Girl Scouts please post that also so we can include your information with your recipe. At the least please give me your name and city, state.

These books should be available for sale the end of March if anyone is interested. Thank you.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » December 30th, 2009, 4:35 pm

I was honored to be the Project Advisor for a lovely young lady for her Gold Award Project which she completed this past summer. Also, I was a Brownie Scout and a Girl Scout when I was growing up. I have enclosed a recipe for you to use if you would like, I have been making this for several years, I adapted it from a recipe I gogt from a friend.

Chocolate Mint Dessert
Ingredients:
• One box of Thin Mints cookies, crushed (save 6 -8 cookies for garnish)
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 4 cups whipped topping, divided
• 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
• 2 – 8 ounce packages instant chocolate pudding mix
• 3 cups milk minus 1 teaspoon
• A couple of sprigs of mint
Preparation:
Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Combine the crumbs with butter. Press into prepared pan. Put into refrigerator. With a hand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over chilled cookie crust. Chill while next layer is being made. Combine pudding mix and peppermint extract with milk. Pour over cream cheese layer. Chill 1 hour. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with remaining cookies and sprigs of mint.

Rhoda Curran
Florida
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

mavislb
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby mavislb » January 2nd, 2010, 11:13 am

Sounds yummy. Thank you for submitting it. I will definitely include it.

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”