I was honored to be the Project Advisor for a lovely young lady for her Gold Award Project which she completed this past summer. Also, I was a Brownie Scout and a Girl Scout when I was growing up. I have enclosed a recipe for you to use if you would like, I have been making this for several years, I adapted it from a recipe I gogt from a friend.
Chocolate Mint Dessert
• One box of Thin Mints cookies, crushed (save 6 -8 cookies for garnish)
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 4 cups whipped topping, divided
• 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
• 2 – 8 ounce packages instant chocolate pudding mix
• 3 cups milk minus 1 teaspoon
• A couple of sprigs of mint
Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Combine the crumbs with butter. Press into prepared pan. Put into refrigerator. With a hand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over chilled cookie crust. Chill while next layer is being made. Combine pudding mix and peppermint extract with milk. Pour over cream cheese layer. Chill 1 hour. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with remaining cookies and sprigs of mint.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.