TW

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

Carlene Prince
Needs a LIFE

TW

Postby Carlene Prince » January 14th, 2009, 6:48 am

Back in Dec you said you were going to post your Grilled Swordfish recipe.

Did you?? If not will you PLEASE!!! :wink:

THANKS
Carlene

TW
Established Member

Grilled Swordfish ala TW :lol:

Postby TW » January 14th, 2009, 10:28 am

OK

Warning: There is a lot of flavor in this post. :lol:

Preparation:
Start by "washing" the swordfish steaks in cold running water, gently rubbing them while washing. Place on a paper towel and pat with a second paper towel until almost dry, you want them to be just slightly damp so the rub will stay on them.

Rub both sides with a good quality seafood rub, I use "Emeril's All Natural Fish Rub." You want to obtain a very light coat of the rub, to much will overpower the flavor.

Grilling:
If you are going to grill them on a charcoal or gas grill you will need to place them in a fish basket to enable you to turn them over without damaging them. I use a George Foreman Grill (because I live in an apartment) so the fish basket is not needed. If using a charcoal or gas grill cooking time will be 6 - 10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak. Test with a fork (the fish should "flake" when tested).

Presentation:
I serve mine on a bed of brown rice, sometimes I will garnish it with a twist of lemon peel. Side dishes "are of choice." I will usually serve mine with Asparagus Spears, and I like to add some Mandarin Orange sections then pour Hollandaise Sauce over them. I also usually serve them with some sort of fruit salad, use fresh fruit not canned fruit cocktail. Add some bread, I use French Bread with garlic butter. Complete the meal with a beverage, being an alcoholic I don't drink wine, but I have found that a Sparkling Catawba Grape Juice is a perfect compliment to the meal.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe, let me know how it turns out.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Carlene Prince
Needs a LIFE

Postby Carlene Prince » January 15th, 2009, 4:32 am

THANKS,
I am going to do this tonight!!!!!
Carlene

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » January 15th, 2009, 8:41 am

Actually this would work well with CHICKEN too, just change the rub! :twisted: :roll: :wink: (knew TW would appreciate that twist on his recipe!)
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » January 15th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Oh Bill, you have wounded me to the core . . . :lol:

TW

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » January 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm

TW, so you are not going to take me to KFC for dinner next time we meet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the Glory.

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » January 15th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Rahab wrote:TW, so you are not going to take me to KFC for dinner next time we meet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What it means is that I will take you wherever your heart desires, and you can eat all the chicken you want. I will however not be having chicken! :wink:

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”