Pork Chops and Rice

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Pork Chops and Rice

Postby jinjer » November 15th, 2008, 1:29 pm

This dish is so easy and delicious.

4 center cut thick pork chops (thin ones dry out)
1 cup of long grain rice (not Minute Rice or parboiled)
1 green pepper
Yellow onion
Tomato
2 cans of Beef Consume soup

Spread rice in the bottom of a large square (11x11) or rectangular casserole dish. Place pork chops on top of the rice. On top of each chop place a ring of pepper, a ring of onion and a slice of tomato. Pour both cans of soup over all, cover and back at 350 until liquid is evaporated, approx. 40-45 min. You can uncover for the last 10 minutes of cooking to brown the pepper, onion and tomato. I also brown my chops sometimes.

Jinjer

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 15th, 2008, 3:15 pm

jinjer,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm always looking for a new way to cook a pork chop. There just doesn't seem to be a lot. I can't wait to try this.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » November 15th, 2008, 3:30 pm

If you need to make more, just remember for every 1/2 cup of rice you use a can of consume.

Jinjer

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 15th, 2008, 3:31 pm

gotcha!
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 15th, 2008, 4:45 pm

I'm like Shellie, I am always looking for different ways to serve pork. My family loves my baked pork chops, just remember these are not low fat chops.

4 chops 1 1/2" - 2" thick
1 large onion, sliced
Mayonaise
Seasoned bread crumbs

Coat top and side of chops with thick layer of mayonaise and place in baking dish, sprinkle bread crumbs over the chops until they are completely coated. Bake in a preheated 350 degree for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees when placed in the thickest chop. Meanwhile saute sliced onion in butter until golden brown, drain and keep warm. Serve with onions over the top.

I like to serve this with mashed potatoes, fried apples, a green salad and buttermilk biscuits.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 16th, 2008, 2:56 am

Rhoda,

This looks great as well! Now, you are talking mayo and not Miracle Whip, correct?

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » November 16th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Shellie wrote:Rhoda,

This looks great as well! Now, you are talking mayo and not Miracle Whip, correct?

I'm talking Hellman's, Miracle Whip is not allowed in my house, ugh, ugh, barf. :lol:
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » November 16th, 2008, 2:27 pm

I'm talking Hellman's, Miracle Whip is not allowed in my house, ugh, ugh, barf.

That's what I'm talking about!! Hellman's only in my house. I wasn't going to try the recipe if you said Miracle Whip. :D

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”