Hot Dog Casserole

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Hot Dog Casserole

Postby PastorDaniel » October 22nd, 2008, 4:52 am

This was a meal that I made up while living in Marine Corp Barracks...This recipe serves one...but can be duplicated to serve as many as you want...I've prepared it for as many as 13....and it's cheap :lol:

Ramen Noodles (I prefer beef or chicken flavor)

Crunch up noodles...add just enough water that it nearly boils out...

Cook until soft...drain remaining water...

Stir in seasoning pack...

Tear up and add one slice of cheese while still hot...(I prefer kraft deli singles)

Slice up one hot dog and heat for a few seconds...then stir into mixture...

Finally...take a handful of Doritos or Cheetos and break them up a little and stir into the mix....

Quick, easy, and Delicious...all my Marine friends started copying it...and my kids love it too!
Pastor Daniel :D

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 22nd, 2008, 4:57 am

Okay....I will admit I almost gagged......BUT, I do like a bit of adventure so I will give it a try.....I think. With Doritos.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

A2JGirl
Hall Of Fame

Postby A2JGirl » October 28th, 2008, 6:14 am

You had me until the doritos. LOL!

My family used to throw frozen peas in there with the noodles while they cook (If you start with frozen they won't be mushy by the time the noodles are done), then add cheese and stir it all up. The hot dogs would be an ok addition, I think.

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”