Thanks Shellie and any good Chili recipes?

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Thanks Shellie and any good Chili recipes?

Postby KBevangelist » October 18th, 2008, 6:18 am

Shelli, Thank you so much for this forum. As a male, I love to cook and especially surprise my wife with great meals. :lol:

Any good Chili recipes?

With the weather changing I like good soup type dishes.

I will be trying Shellie's potatoe soup dish next week

KB

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » October 18th, 2008, 12:04 pm

no good chili has ever been done by a recipe. it is just putting the stuff in...

When I worked EMS, we were at the fire house, so we were all the time making "fire house" chili.

OK this would normally feed about 15 guys and usually had some left over. Also we would fill a 12+- oz can so that is what I mean by one.

4lbs hamburger
4lbs of steake cubes
2 pounds of sausage
1 diced jalapino peppers
1 diced Banana peppers
1 diced red chili peppers.
(sometimes would would add onions... several did not like the onions)
6 cans of tomato sause
3 cans of diced tomatoes
one small jar (an oz or two i guess) of chili seasoning.
a few good hand fulls of spaghetti broken into about 2 inch pcs

we would first the day before we would take the stake cubes and then mix with the jalapino peppers(with the juice). Put it in a few vac seal bags and vac all the air out and seal. It lets the peppers really get into the meat.
The next day we fry it up then take Hamburger and sausage and fry it up and mix in the chilis and banana peppers. let that get really good and cooked and then pour in the diced tomatoes, let the sizzle it for a while and then pour in the tomato sause and about the same number of cans of water as sauce (less if you want it thick or more if more soupie) let that start to warm then then put chili seasoning in and the (uncooked) spaghetti in and let it slow cook for a few hours.

We did everything in the one great big pot so, you did not have alot of clean up other than the pot, the big spoon. (and the bowls and spoons to eat it) some would put cheese and onions on top and some would also put garlic on it, most of the time we would eat with corn chips (the kind from sams 2 big bags for like 6 bucks)

it was alot and we would think you would have some left overs but usually it was gone in 24 hrs. Many would eat cold out of the frig. but you had to be careful it would wear on you if you ate too much and had to make a run. (an emergency fire or ems run)

so it that a recipe?

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 18th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Mexican Chili

1 pound ground chuck
1 can Rotelle original tomatoes
1 can black beans
Cooked rice, shredded cheddar, sour cream, avocado, and scoopable tostito (sp?) chips.

Brown meat with salt and pepper and drain. Add undrained tomatoes and UNDRAINED black beans to skillet with beef. Mix well and simmer together until hot.

Serve over cooked rice. Have chopped advocado, shredded cheddar, and sour cream as toppings.

I mix all mine together and scoop with the scoopable chips. OUt of this WORLD!!
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 18th, 2008, 2:56 pm

I will be trying Shellie's potatoe soup dish next week

You will NOT be sorry.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Carlene Prince
Needs a LIFE

White Chili

Postby Carlene Prince » October 28th, 2008, 5:17 am

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz. can chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
19 oz can cannellini beans, undrained

shredded monterey jack cheese and sliced green onions for garnish
Heat oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often.. Add chopped onion to pan, cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chiles and spices. Add beans and Simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cheese and onions.

(This makes a rather small batch. I always double this recipe. It is REALLY good!)
Carlene

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”