Pot Roast that they will rave about

Who needs Paula Dean and Rachel Ray? We've got our own award-winning cooks right here at Jude 2.

Moderators: Sherry, The J2 Mod Squad

Shellie
Site Admin

Pot Roast that they will rave about

Postby Shellie » October 14th, 2008, 1:12 am

I prefer to use the oven for pot roasts because I like them better than in a crock pot. But if you have to use a crockpot because of work, don't cover roast with water. Just put in enough to cover bottom of crock pot.

I use chuck roasts. They are cheaper and in my opinion, better tasting than the expensive cuts.

1 roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of Coca Cola (Coke brand is best)
1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
Potatoes and carrots to put around roast

Put roast in pan. Place carrots and potatoes around roast. Put in just enough water to cover bottom of pan. Then spoon cream of mushroom soup over top of meat and veggies. Sprinkle onion soup mix over top of this. Then, pour can of Coke over top of all. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated 350 oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

If using the crockpot, the only difference is put on low all day.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » October 14th, 2008, 8:27 am

Shellie:

Can Diet Coke be used instead of Coke???

thanks.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 14th, 2008, 9:20 am

Dan,

I have used diet cokes. It just doesn't have the sweetness, but it is still good.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 14th, 2008, 10:46 am

I do something very similar with my pot roast, but I use a can of beer. It's the moistest roast ever!! =P~

sweetpea
-= J2 =-

Postby sweetpea » October 14th, 2008, 10:55 am

Shellie I have cooked your recipe and it is good.Great to put on Sat.night and have for Sunday after church.

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » October 15th, 2008, 7:40 pm

My wife makes an awesome roast, but typically only includes onions and jalapinoes (as opposed to carrots and taters and such -- I don't like boiled carrots, and I prefer creamed taters on the side with roast). It's goody good good! :D
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » October 16th, 2008, 3:53 am

Poimen,

I back you up on that one. The roast your wife cooked for us was wonderful and I will use that recipe from time to time.

Return to “Broad Backsides Recipe Forum”