My Daddy

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

soulsearcher
What's next?

My Daddy

Postby soulsearcher » March 2nd, 2009, 9:26 am

I know it may seem strange to post this in the "Fun Forum," but you, my Rubber Room friends, are my closest family here on Jude2.

I just wanted you all to know that my Daddy passed away on February 15 due to multi health problems that had plagued him for years, mainly coronary artery disease and diabetes.

Daddy was a very complex man, a truly larger-than-life figure. When he entered a room, his presence dominiated. I could go into mouth-dropping detail but basically, the first half of his life was spent "full throttle" for the devil and the last half of his life, "full throttle" for Jesus. It is the last mile that counts, and his was one of victory.

As my mother, sister, two brothers and I said our last goodbye, touching the lifeless hands of the honkey-tonk-piano-playing, coal miner, fist-fighting, fix-it-all, hunter, fisherman, sportsman, passionate, master-joke-teller, never-lost-a-fight minister of a man, I breathed the sweet air of forgiveness.

My mother is doing remarkably well, despite living with bone cancer for going on 7 years now while taking care of my father. She was married to my father for over 60 years. She is the strongest little lady of faith that I know; an angel on earth, and I ask that you say a prayer for "Pat" as she moves on with her life. She is ready for the next season.

Since February 15, my family has definitely experienced the "peace that passes all understanding." God has been, and remains, faithful to help.

I wanted to share this because you all mean so much to me.

sweetpea
-= J2 =-

Postby sweetpea » March 2nd, 2009, 10:13 am

I am sorry for your loss, but I am thankful that he is now home.May God bless each and everyone of you and all of you will be in my prayers.

I know you can take comfort in knowing that your loss is heavens gain.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » March 2nd, 2009, 12:47 pm

Thank you for sharing, my prayers are with you and your family.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » March 2nd, 2009, 2:13 pm

Michael, I am glad to hear that you are at peace with your Dad's passing. Thank you for sharing this, it really means a lot to me. Your family is in my prayers. Be Blessed Brother.
To God be the Glory.

JanB
---=== J2 ===---

Postby JanB » March 2nd, 2009, 5:25 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your father. What a wonderful testimony of your father's last years. I just had to read it a second time. What a wonderful REUNION we will one day have with our loved ones. Getting to be with The Father, oh how awesome, it will be as the song implies...it will be a 'glad reunion day.' BTW, I have missed you on here and thought surely something is just not right. We care!!
Last edited by JanB on March 3rd, 2009, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless,
Jan

If someone were to pay you ten cents for every kind word you ever spoke and collect five cents for every unkind word, would you be rich or poor?

Linda
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Linda » March 2nd, 2009, 7:13 pm

Thank you for sharing about your dad. Our prayers are for you and your family. One day you will get to see him again. But until then, rest in God's comfort and peace!
Linda

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » March 3rd, 2009, 7:49 am

Thank you, dear friends. Your words bring comfort to me.

Jan, how amazing that you mentioned the song, "Glad Reunion Day." That was the first solo I ever sang in church - as a young boy. Through the years it's meaning has deepened, and especially now.

Blessings on everyone who reads this.

- MICHAEL

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » March 3rd, 2009, 11:26 am

No, thank you my friend. Your words have allowed us to view a son's love for his father. There seems to be so little of that these days. Because of the Father's love, you and your daddy will walk together again in eternal life. I ask God to comfort you during this season.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » March 5th, 2009, 7:13 am

TW, knowing you are here keeps me coming back for more. :)

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Your Dad

Postby Martha » March 5th, 2009, 6:47 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your Dad was such a good man. My mind goes back to revivals he conducted at Mastin Lake Church all those years ago when I attended there. I remember seeing him at conventions and hearing him preach. More recently, hearing about his prison ministry. I think of the scripture in Ecclesiastes 9:10 that says "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might..." That is exactly what your Dad did.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » March 5th, 2009, 7:02 pm

Bless you, Martha, and thanks for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Return to “Just For Fun”