Auburn Graduates With Government Jobs

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Auburn Graduates With Government Jobs

Postby dolfan » May 21st, 2008, 10:48 am

Two Auburn grads working for the city of Opelika were working hard with their tools --- shovels. One B.S. in Government was shoveling holes as hard as he could go, and another with a M.A. in Public Administration was falling in behind, filling up the holes as fast as she could go. This went on for two or three days while a visiting professor of mathematics from the University of Florida drove by, puzzled at what he saw. On the last day of his residency, he could not resist the urge to stop and ask what great public work they were undertaking with this opening and filling of holes.

"You folks have worked very hard and diligently. I just wanted to stop and tell you that I've been watching you and I'm impressed with your effort. But, please tell, why are you digging holes and refilling them?"

The B.A. took a swig of Sun Drop and smiled with pride at his senior colleague, who explained to the professor, "Sure, it looks odd, but the gal who plants trees is on vacation this week."
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Just For Fun”