SPAM, the extended length story...

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

SPAM, the extended length story...

Postby RamboPreacher » May 21st, 2008, 8:10 am

While in the course of events and time, I had posted a picture of my SPAM lunch some time ago. whether it be of this forum or another on Jude2, it was a thread in which SPAM was at least a partial topic.

That picture, in case anyone needed to be reminded:

And then in the further course of events, the topic of bacon continued to rear and to be discussed. for an unbeknown reason, I have been associated with the wonderful meat, called bacon.

One day, in a time still yet in the past, a J2 poster ran across some SPAM with bacon in their shopping; and further they were reminded of me. whether they thought of me at the time, or they were reminded of me in a SPAM or bacon related conversation on a J2 post, is unknown.

What is known is that there was a thought of my, in relation to meat. So with this information, as I was shopping with my wife recently, she brought to my attention that there was SPAM on the shelf, and it was on sale, AND it was with BACON!!

being of sound mind and, well body - I couldn't pass up a product that was both SPAM and BACON!.

I thought about using the suggested serving as a guide in my desire for consumption, but I was dissuaded as I was really in the mood for some more SPAM taco's, coincidentally, similar to the initial lunch that was consumed some time ago.

After reading more information on the packaging and realizing that there are 0 trans fats, I decided that consuming this can of SPAM would be a relatively easy task.

I didn't want to have a SPAM-bake, so I was required to slice the wonderful meat product so that it may be blessed by the invention of the creator Deity - Fried Foods.

The decision to fry the SPAM was an easy one, especially since it was a BACON product as well.

the bubbleicious goodness of frying the SPAM was a wonder to behold

as the God-blessed, frying experience continued; the spam began to change it's outer shell in color. the color was more delectable in appearance than the initial pinkish color.

I began to daydream about scarfing the delectable meat product. and to think about other recipes that I would use on the cans of SPAM that I had already prepared for the next round of consumption whether for a meal or snack.

I had to prepare the accessories for the end-resultant SPAM taco's, and was able to acquire some shredded marble jack, for just such an occasion.

After removing the precious morsels from the frying pan, had prepared an appropriate resting place for the delicious meat tenders as I was multi-tasking in preparation for the tacos.

nearly immediately I was ready to build the ultimate in SPAM taco food product for my personal consumption.

It only took a bite for me to decide that this lunch hour was going to be an event worth remembering. oh the yummy goodness of the SPAM w/Bacon!

Of course, when I was finished with my task of consumption of the wonderful, delicious meat product and prepared by the creator-Deity-blessed process of frying, I had only memories.

I decided that I was going to make a physical reminder of the lunch that was consumed and that was of the delicious measure that I was in need of remembrance. I didn't want to venerate the product, that would just be wrong. but as a reminder of the special lunchtime I had with the SPAM/BACON, I did this.

In this case, the destination was as fun and good as the journey!
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 21st, 2008, 10:06 am

a local Hawaiian restaruant I go to serves a great spam sandwhich. Spam and rice wrapped in seaweed. good stuff.
Let the wild rumpus start!

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » May 22nd, 2008, 11:22 am

I have seen them, but haven't actually tried.
(internet images, not mine)

I can never get sticky rice to turn out very well. I will have my son make some for us (culinary arts student). :)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » May 22nd, 2008, 4:59 pm

Okay, RP, I'll be bangin' on the doors of my local grocery bright and early tomorrow morning to stock up on Spam W/Bacon. Frying some slices of that up with a couple of eggs over-easy sounds like a delicious breakfast to me!

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 22nd, 2008, 5:49 pm

RamboPreacher wrote:I have seen them, but haven't actually tried.
I can never get sticky rice to turn out very well. I will have my son make some for us (culinary arts student). :)

You wont be disappointed, good stuff.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Return to “Just For Fun”