Hijack this thread

A place for games, chatter, and anything else that seems to fit.

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » July 10th, 2009, 3:38 pm

soulsearcher wrote:[-o< May the good Lord keep you safe and protected, Rahab. [-o<

My prayer for you also Rahab.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 11th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Thank you all for your prayers. Many people do not understand what we go thru each day. But I am on vacation for 2 weeks and can have a life. :D Love you all.
To God be the Glory.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » July 13th, 2009, 9:05 am

WooHoo!! Rahab, hope you just plain 'ol slab-dab enjoy yourself. :D

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 13th, 2009, 2:09 pm

I went in to work this morning for half day. Many coworkers thanked me since a person called in sick. I came home and laid on the bed with NIkki and took a nap. I have 2 weeks to rest and not hit the alarm. Whoohoo
To God be the Glory.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » July 13th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Sounds like a good way to spend your vacation Rahab. I'll be spending mine recovering from eye surgery, don't have a date yet but should be in the next 3 - 4 weeks. All the tests show that my vision should improve by 20 - 30 percent and there is even a slight possibilty that I will be able to drive at night again.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 19th, 2009, 2:26 pm

Well, I came down with strep throat. Went to Dr Saturday morn and he gave me liquid antibiotics. Still not feeling that great. I am supposed to drive to KY tomorrow to Mom's. Talked with her this evening. She told me if I don't feel up to the drive, 550 miles, to wait until Tuesday. We are going to the Ky State Convention on Thursday. I think I will go thru the healing line there. I love to go "conventioning" every summer with Mom. She has become my BFF. We have some good talks, just the two of us.
To God be the Glory.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » July 20th, 2009, 10:25 am

Rahab wrote:Well, I came down with strep throat. Went to Dr Saturday morn and he gave me liquid antibiotics. Still not feeling that great. I am supposed to drive to KY tomorrow to Mom's. Talked with her this evening. She told me if I don't feel up to the drive, 550 miles, to wait until Tuesday. We are going to the Ky State Convention on Thursday. I think I will go thru the healing line there. I love to go "conventioning" every summer with Mom. She has become my BFF. We have some good talks, just the two of us.

So sorry you're having to deal with this during your vacation, but I pray for swift and complete healing.

Love to hear that someone still has a "healing line." That was one of my favorite nights of the Assembly. As with other Assembly traditions that ceased to be, I personally think that was a mistake. Sometimes we just get a little too big for our britches. Maybe a healing line didn't impress God. Maybe it did. But thousands nonetheless were healed.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 23rd, 2009, 2:29 am

I have been at Mom's house for a few days and am feeling much better. We are getting ready to leave for the state convention in about an hour. Will get back here to her house Sunday evening then I have to head back home Monday morning. Ya'll be good. :lol:
To God be the Glory.

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 23rd, 2009, 2:50 am

glad you are feeling better. been praying. havne't had much time to post cause we had convention last weekend and this week is VBS. :)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 27th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I am feeling much better. Finished the antibiotics while at the convention. Came home from the convention feeling refreshed in body, peace in soul and revived in spirit. This was propably the most powerful convention I have ever experienced. The Father's love was strongly emphasized. This was the first church convention that I attended every session.
Now back to work. :cry:
To God be the Glory.

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 27th, 2009, 1:59 pm

in order to maintain a complete sense of hijack, I will post something completely different.

Just bought a new 2009, HHR. Pictures coming soon. :)

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 27th, 2009, 2:16 pm

HHR?
To God be the Glory.

TW
Established Member

HHR

Postby TW » July 27th, 2009, 5:49 pm

It's a "Retro" style mini-van from Chevy. Looks something like a '40s panel van, only with more windows. It's similar to the Chrysler PT Cruiser.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm

it's actually conisidered a truck, not a van. :)

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » August 4th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Return to “Just For Fun”