College Football 2013

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

College Football 2013

Postby Rob » August 30th, 2013, 9:19 am

Hey Guys College football is back! This weekend kicks off the 2013 season, and less than 4 months till Jude2 Bowl Mania Pick 'em will begin. 5 weeks I will unvail my top 10!

Some burning questions:

1. Will a team out of the SEC win the National Championship?

2. Will Bama win it's 3rd in a row?

3. Will Clowney from SC be the first true defensive player to win the Heisman? (Does anybody care?)

4. Who will be the surprise player and team this year?

Good luck to your team, and no matter where you are it's a great day to be a Mountaineer!!

Plus Roll Tide, and I'm cheering on the Wildcats. NO not UK but the Arizona Wildcats. Gotta stick with my WV boys. Saban and Rich Rod!
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » August 30th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Hey Rob. Here we go again, another football season. :lol:

The answers to your questions:
1. Yes
2. Possibly
3. No, and I do care (statement following last answer)
4. If I knew that now, then they wouldn't be a surprise.

Statement on #3:
It is impossible to compare offensive players abilities to defensive players abilities definitively. It becomes a matter of who gets more "air time." Since the media loves to stress attempts/completions/int./TD over the skill-sets of defensive players it is highly unlikely that a purely defensive player will ever win the Heisman.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: College Football 2013

Postby Paully_44 » September 5th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Rob wrote:Hey Guys College football is back! This weekend kicks off the 2013 season, and less than 4 months till Jude2 Bowl Mania Pick 'em will begin. 5 weeks I will unvail my top 10!

Some burning questions:

1. Will a team out of the SEC win the National Championship?

2. Will Bama win it's 3rd in a row?

3. Will Clowney from SC be the first true defensive player to win the Heisman? (Does anybody care?)

4. Who will be the surprise player and team this year?

Good luck to your team, and no matter where you are it's a great day to be a Mountaineer!!

Plus Roll Tide, and I'm cheering on the Wildcats. NO not UK but the Arizona Wildcats. Gotta stick with my WV boys. Saban and Rich Rod!

1. Most likely.
2. Most likely
3. No and I really don't care
4. Suprise team of the year? University of Washington Husky's

booooo ASU! :wink:
Let the wild rumpus start!

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » September 14th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I appreciate your response to my questions, however, here's what I think.

1. I do think someone outside of the SEC has a chance. I was impressed today by Oregon and how they steamrolled UT. The Ohio State University is looking really good as well. However, Bama is Bama, I know Dolfan don't ruin it for you.

2. Yes I think Bama is the team to beat, nuf said.

3. Clowney this far has not looked very good. However, the Heisman now goes to whomever the media wants it to go too. That's how Johnny Football won it last year in my opinion. So no, It's really a popular vote not who is really the best college football player.

4. It's still early to determine who this might be.

Two more Saturday's and I will unveil my Top 10.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

TW
Established Member

To tell the truth

Postby TW » September 14th, 2013, 4:59 pm

I'm impressed with the strength that the ACC is showing this year. Conference wide they aren't quite up to the SEC levels yet, but it looks like they are working hard to get there. Oregon has also impressed me *not that it matters much* while the rest of the West Coast teams don't. Then of coarse there is Neuter Dumb! No matter what happens the media will try to push the Fighting iRash as high up the polls as possible.
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » September 16th, 2013, 9:37 am

Rob wrote: I was impressed today by Oregon and how they steamrolled UT. The Ohio State University is looking really good as well.

Dear God in heaven, please do not let oregon ever win a nation title.

amen.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”