Bowl mania standings

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Bowl mania standings

Postby Rob » December 16th, 2012, 6:11 am

1. MrDanger. 2-0
1. Paully. 2-0
1. TurboTim. 2-0
1. DarylSCook. 2-0
1. Dolfan. 2-0
1. Tw. 2-0
1. Rob. 2-0
2. PastorAbles. 1-1

No games till Thursday night. We are off to a good start.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » December 19th, 2012, 8:59 am

I was robbed! :x :( :lol:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » December 19th, 2012, 1:10 pm

pastorables wrote:I was robbed! :x :( :lol:

on the upside, no matter how this ends up, everyone can tell their friends "I finished in the top 10" for the Jude 2 Bowl Mania picks.
Let the wild rumpus start!

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 19th, 2012, 3:17 pm

What's funny is that last year, Dolfan, Rob, and I finished with the exact same record. Rob won by picking the score. I was robbed by LSU's mulligan. LOL..
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » December 20th, 2012, 6:14 pm

BYU was down 6-3 to start 4th Q., but found some offense. Looks like I am safe on that'n.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 21st, 2012, 3:01 am

After the flower bowl:

1. MrDanger 3-0
1. Cook 3-0
1. Dolfan 3-0
4. Paully 2-1
4. Turbo Tim 2-1
4. Rob 2-1
4. TW 2-1
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » December 21st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Rob wrote:After the flower bowl:

1. MrDanger 3-0
1. Cook 3-0
1. Dolfan 3-0
4. Paully 2-1
4. Turbo Tim 2-1
4. Rob 2-1
4. TW 2-1

Errrr, Forget one? :wink:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 23rd, 2012, 4:58 am

First my apologizes to Pastor Ables for leaving him out of the last standings post.

Now here are the standings after the Vegas Bowl

1. Mr Danger. 5-1
1. Turbo Tim. 5-1
1. Cook. 5-1
1. Rob. 5-1
1. Dolfan. 5-1
6. Paully. 4-2
6. Pastorables. 4-2
6. Tw. 4-2

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » December 23rd, 2012, 5:24 am

Rob wrote:First my apologizes to Pastor Ables for leaving him out of the last standings post.

No apology needed.

Btw, can you explain the numbers 1. by some and 6. by others?

Thanks,
pa

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » December 24th, 2012, 5:00 am

This is a common rank listing convention. you see it a lot when watching golf, for example. When listing places, and there are ties among multiple players/teams/etc., conventionally, you place the same rank next to all of the first place tie holders, then instead of 2nd place, you place as the next rank the actual place count of the next lowest team. So, if you have 15 teams and 3 are tied at first, your next highest ranking team is ranked fourth. If only one team has that next to highest record, and 5 teams have the 3rd highest record, that second place team gets ranked fourth (because three are in first) and the first listed of the next group of (current third highest ranks) is listed as fifth rank and 4 others tied for that same rank get fifth ranked as well. So your ranking would be:

1. A (7 under par)
1. B (-7)
1. C (-7)
4. D (-5)
5. J (-1)
5. MD (-1)
5. YU (-1)
5. TT (-1)
5. H (-1)
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 24th, 2012, 5:46 am

pastorables wrote:
Rob wrote:First my apologizes to Pastor Ables for leaving him out of the last standings post.

No apology needed.

Btw, can you explain the numbers 1. by some and 6. by others?

Thanks,
pa

PA, I've allowed my attorney that I have retained to give me legal counsel during this bowl mania time to answer this question for me. I hope that will suffice.

LOL.

Actually how dolfan has explained it is correct. While those in "6" are only a game behind those in "1". With five being tied for "1" that makes the next on the list "6" while in reality they are tied for "2".

Sorry for the confusion.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 25th, 2012, 5:36 am

After the Hawaii bowl

1. Turbo Tim. 6-1
2. MrDanger. 5-2
2. Cook. 5-2
2. Rob. 5-2
2. TW. 5-2
2. Dolfan. 5-2
7. Paully. 4-3
7. PA. 4-3

Merry Christmas guys!

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 25th, 2012, 5:40 am

Thank you SMU!!! I looked over the picks and thought, SMU will put me at the top or drop me. :D TW and I were the only ones to pick them. At least for a little while I'll be on top. :)

Merry Christmas guys. And BIG THANK YOU to Rob for keeping up with all this.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 27th, 2012, 5:09 am

After the Pizza Bowl here's the standings

1. Turbo Tim. 6-2
2. MrDanger. 5-3
2. Paully. 5-3
2. Cook. 5-3
2. Rob. 5-3
2. TW. 5-3
2. Dolfan. 5-3
8. PA. 4-4

3 games today guys good luck

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » December 28th, 2012, 4:24 am

After the holiday bowl here's the standings

1. TT. 9-2
2. MrDanger. 8-3
3. Paully. 7-4
3. PA. 7-4
3. Cook. 7-4
3. Rob. 7-4
7. TW. 6-5
8. Dolfan. 5-6

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”