NCAA College Football Poles

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

NCAA College Football Poles

Postby TW » October 21st, 2012, 4:18 am

BCS

1 Alabama
2 Florida
3 Oregon
4 Kansas St
5 Notre Dame
6 LSU
7 South Carolina
8 Oregon St
9 Oklahoma
10 USC

AP

1 Alabama
2 Oregon
3 Florida
4 Kansas St
5 Notre Dame
6 LSU
7 Ohio St
8 Oregon St
9 South Carolina
10 Oklahoma

It was a painful process to put Nueter Dumb in at #5, but that's where they were listed.

And of course Ohio St is not Bowl Eligible this year.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » October 21st, 2012, 4:54 am

I maybe in the only one that feels this way but simply because you are not bowl eligible does not mean you are not one of the better teams!
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 21st, 2012, 8:41 am

I have no issue with OSU being ranked in AP, but since the coaches' poll is a BCS poll and OSU can't participate, I do think the coaches are right not to include teams not eligible for the BCS.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: NCAA College Football Poles

Postby Paully_44 » October 22nd, 2012, 7:27 pm

TW wrote:
It was a painful process to put Nueter Dumb in at #5, but that's where they were listed.

I say, until they are in a BCS conference for football, they are not bowl eligible.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 23rd, 2012, 8:03 am

Well, here's the Dolfan Top 10, which is worthless but fun to do.

1. Oregon. Still. They let off the throttle Tuesday night against Arizona State. Could've been so much worse.

2. Alabama
3. Kansas State/Florida tied: I can't NOT put KSU here after the thrashing vs. WVU. Some would say WVU was overrated. Probably. Not their fault. KSU is just good. Some would say, well, Florida is #2 in BCS so can't be less than #3 here. True enough, I guess. But, Florida didn't fumble the ball near its opponents end zone twice, without any help from its opponent in causing the fumbles, and give up two early and demoralizing touchdowns. In other words, S. Carolina was its own enemy more so than Florida was. That game not nearly the mismatch that those very careless turnovers made it. Florida has beaten its toughest opponents and will beat Georgia, too. All I can do is say KSU and UF are tied. And, on any given day, any of these 4 teams (Oregon, Bama, UF, KSU) could beat each other and turn around and lose to one another the next.
4. USC
5. Texas Tech
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma
8. Florida State
9. Mississippi State
10. Oregon State

Notre Dame barely, barely beat a mediocre at best BYU that has zero defense to speak of. Not in the top 10, still. Texas Tech keeps on winning and they look flat out good when they play, offensively especially; so, yeah, I have themn in the 5 spot. They whipped Oklahoma. We'll know if they're for real after this week vs. KSU. Georgia limped to a win against Kentucky. Georgia is overrated, period. Then again, if they ever are top 10, they are overrated as a rule. They don't deserve a top ten ranking which they have on the BCS poll.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”