Top ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Top ten

Postby Rob » September 30th, 2012, 4:10 am

Here's my second top ten with a little change

1. Alabama - they are the defending champs and will remain #1 until they get beat. The only problem I don't see anyone beating them on the horizon.

2. Florida State - they continue to win and looks like a good #2 team.

3. Oregon - they look good but I'm not convinced they could play with bama or FSU.

4. South Carolina - I think this is the second best team in the SEC. Big test this weekend with my number 5 team.

5. Georgia - I can't wait for next Saturday when the Dogs invade Columbia to face the Gamecocks

6. LSU - I think the mad hatter is not has good as a lot of folks think

7. West Virginia - incredible offense terrible defense. They face a stiff test in Austin against another top 10 team

8. Kansas State - a bye this week this but I haven't forgot what happened in Norman.

9. Texas - can't wait to watch as the Mountaineers invade Austin to see how good both of these teams are.

10. Notre Dame - can't wait till they lose and can get them out of my top ten.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » September 30th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Just for comparison I'm including this week's AP and Coach's Polls.

AP’s Poll

1 Alabama
2 Oregon
3 Florida State
4 LSU
5 Georgia
6 South Carolina
7 Kansas State
8 West Virginia
9 Notre Dame
10 Florida

Coach’s Poll

1 Alabama
2 Oregon
3 LSU
4 Florida State
5 Georgia
6 South Carolina
7 West Virginia
8 Kansas State
9 Texas
10 Notre Dame

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

dolfan
Established Member

Re: Top ten

Postby dolfan » October 1st, 2012, 3:38 am

My top 10:

1. Oregon. "What?" Yup. I have watched Alabama get progressively average as the year moves on. Oregon is the fastest team in the country. Ole Miss on defense, as thin as they are depth wise and as small as they are physically, kept Alabama out of the end zone on three drives that -- on paper -- should have been touchdowns. Bama is suffering in run blocking and is more and more unable to move the ball down the field. Oregon is three times the defense in speed, scheme and depth, that OM is. Plus their offense is capable of putting up 28-38 points on Alabama, IMO. They would have our guys dragging their knuckles on defense by mid 3rd quarter. Alabama is not nearly as good as billed. We may be the best team in the SEC (I am not buying any UGA stock, we have seen this before, and SC is, IMO, one lucky break away from losing...as when GA comes to town this week, and LSU seems to be suffering from Bama fever with the same kinds of maladies we have), but that is about it, if that.

2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. LSU
5. UGA
6. SC
7. West Virginia. I like to like WVU, but their defense is non existent, and I do not like teams with no defense. I am half tempted to put them in the 5 slot and UGA in 7 because of Georgia's D-saster vs. TN. But, there is something to be said for the multitude of polls, I guess, and so I defer.
8. Texas. I think the Longhorns are being a little overlooked.
9. K. State.
10. Florida. Here is hoping they beat LSU. I am not putting a ND in my top 10 that barely beat a Michigan team that has proved that it is really not good at all. The fact that Lou Holtz still shills for them is reason enough to downgrade them.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » October 1st, 2012, 12:50 pm

My Top 10

1. Alabama- I can ascribe to the fact that they are defending champions, but I have this feeling that they aren't going to go the distance if they don't plug some weaknesses as eloquently stated by Dolfan.

2. Oregon- The Ducks have a monster quack. I see them going the distance especially if that D continues to stiffen.

3. Florida State - They finally seem like they have what they need to make it to the NC game.

4. LSU - I don't see them staying here. I really hope my MS State Dogs take them out. I would love to see them beat Bama, but I see it happening more with LSU. LSU better get it together or they will be beaten by other teams not named Bama.

5. Georgia - Looking forward to the game against SC

6. South Carolina - See above

7. K State -I'm marking Oct 20 on the calendar for the game against the number 8 team WV. :)

8. West Virginia - Waiting to see how Geno reacts to constant pressure.

9. Texas -This team is going deep. I'm not putting Notre Lame.

10. Florida - They are getting it done.
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » October 2nd, 2012, 5:41 am

There are some interesting games this coming weekend. Should shakeup the polls. :lol:

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”