Picks for 9-10-11 CFB, anyone?

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Picks for 9-10-11 CFB, anyone?

Postby dolfan » September 9th, 2011, 7:38 am

There is one game between ranked opponents in all of college football this week: Alabama @ Penn State.

They're predicting heavy rain in State College, PA for Saturday. So, whoever fumbles least wins?? Doesn't that neutralize Alabama's advantage for defensive team speed, at least some? Lots of ground game. Bama's been deep in RBs for a while. If the weather were nicer, this game might be a little easier to at least arrive at an over/under on it if not to pick the winner. I'm going to say.....Alabama 19, Penn State 11. Just to be odd. Bama is 9.5 to 10 point favorite; I doubt we cover that spread.

Mississippi State @ Auburn: Auburn is a home dog by a touchdown. I'll go with that. MSU 31, Auburn 24.

UAB @ Florida: John Brantley may actually start living up to his potential under Charlie Weis. If not, then he was overhyped to start with. I think he's a good bit better than last year's version. So, Florida 39, UAB 16.

S. Carolina @ Georgia: I'm underwhelmed with Georgia. I may eat my words on this one, but SC 26, Georgia 18, and that late.

Notre Dame vs. Michigan: ND is just thiiiiiiis much better than Michigan, I think. They'll be hungry after last week's upset loss to South Florida, too. Irish 37, Michigan 31.

Tear-Jerker of the Week: Wisconsin and Oregon State. I like Oregon State because I like Mike Riley, of course. They lost to Sacramento State last week, a FCS team. Wisconsin is strong. Badgers 49, Beavers 17.

Another Ranked Team Blows It? Missouri @ ASU. Mizzou is #21 in country, Arizona State is unranked. Who's the underdog? Mizzou by 8. Somebody smarter than I am -- which means almost everybody -- knows something about these two teams that I don't. Ranking means nothing on the field. So, I'm with the pros -- Az. State 28, Missouri 24.

Chime in.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”