Rob's Top Ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Rob's Top Ten

Postby Rob » November 14th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Okay with just a few more weeks left in the regular season here is my Top Ten for this week.

1. Oregon - Every team has a week that they struggle to get by and this week was Oregon's. I don't see them losing the rest of the way so I'd say the Ducks will be playing for the NC.

2. Auburn - With all the mess surrounding Newton, they still put a spanking on the Bulldog's. However, I see Auburn losing either to Bama or possibly to USC (that's South Carolina) in the SEC Championship game and not playing the NC game although I'd like to see them play the Ducks.

3. LSU - I know Dolfan can't stand it, but this team just simply wins. I can't remember a team with a more terrible offense rated this high. But guess what they will lose again to Arkansas.

4. TCU - This team is the real deal. Even though they struggled a little against SDSU. They are still good.

5. Stanford - Andrew Luck is the best pro-style QB in college, just wish he would stay one more year.

6. Wisconsin - The leader of the pack in the Big Ten. Can they beat Michigan this week to win the Big Ten? I think yes.

7. Ohio St. - If Wisconsin slips the Buckeyes are waiting. They looked good in beating Joe Pa's team this weekend.

8. Boise St. - The media and PastorPBS darling. If Auburn loses in the SEC championship game I hope they pair them with Boise.

9. Nebraska - the Big 12 North Champions and probably the Big 12 Champs in their last year.

10. Oklahoma St. - this team is better than advertised. I was impressed with them last night.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » November 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Sipping Grandma's cough medicine again I see.

1. Boise - Not everyone struggled this week. O yeah, and VaTech is now in the ACC championship game.
2. TCU - Game wasn't as close as it ended up. Cruised after going up by 4 touchdowns on a team with just 2 losses including at Missouri by 3.
3. Auburn - Has played the toughest schedule of the top teams and deserve to be ranked #1 BUT they are not the best team and the 2 teams ahead of them started the season ahead of them and haven't lost.
4. Oregon - OVERRATED. California by 2. Really? Cal lost to Oregon St. by 28. Who did Oregon State lose to? Oh Yeah...to BOISE & TCU both decisively. Honestly Oregon looks like a great Division II school. When they play fast and strong teams, they will lose decisively. They remind me of Utah.
5. Wisconsin - I'd like to see them play LSU.
6. LSU - Unbelievable that a team with no offense can only lose once.
7. Nebraska - Not healthy but good enough.
8. Oklahoma St. - Getting better and more confident.
9. Stanford - Overrated #2
10. Ohio State - Sometimes they look great but other times they look average.

Rob it is time to wake up and stop defending an absurd position. There is no way Boise is #8 and Oregon proved this week they are a good but not great team. I think they should play VaTech. That would be a good match up.
I hate to say it but I think the best 2 teams are Boise and TCU. I REALLY don't want to see them play but it may have to happen. Both Boise and TCU are too balanced for the other teams. They run, pass, have speed and they play great defense.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » November 16th, 2010, 4:23 am

On this matter of good teams with terrible offenses, I invite you into the way-back time machine ....... to 1992. Alabama won the national championship with what had to be one of the most pitiful offenses of an undefeated team (the first team to go 13-0, incidentally) ---- EVER. That season has forever written on the hearts of Bama fans the tenet that "defense wins championships". And, while it is true, nowadays you'd better have some offense, too. Anybody playing the likes of Oregon, Auburn, Arkansas, or Boise State is going to find themselves not able to wholly stop the offense, and you'd better get ready to do some scoring.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » November 16th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Pastorbps - Until Boise plays a half way decent schedule I'm not drinking the Blue Kool-Aid. Anybody can beat up on the Sisters of the Poor. You admit that Auburn has played the toughest schedule and won all their games. Do you honestly think that Boise or TCU could play the schedule Auburn has played and still be undefeated? I know that's hypo question, because we will never know the answer, but I don't think they would.

Okay, VA Tech will play for the ACC championship and if it wasn't for the Big East everyone would be talking about the ACC losing their AQ position. Winning the ACC is not a big deal about like winning the Big East this year.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”