Rob's Top Ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Rob's Top Ten

Postby Rob » October 24th, 2010, 3:22 am

Okay guys, here's my Top Ten for this week.

1. Oregon - Wow did they put on a clinic on Thursday against UCLA, the same UCLA that went to Austin and beat Texas. Of course, that doesn't look that impressive now that Iowa St. did it.

2. Auburn - Sorry Dolfan, but those Tigers are the real deal, and Cam Newton is unreal. Can't wait till the Iron Bowl.

3. Michigan St. - Did anyone see this coming? I didn't.

4. Missouri - Don't think they will stay here long I think Nebraska gets them next week.

5. Alabama - The Iron Bowl will determine the SEC Champion from the West.

6. Utah - The big NQ game will be Utah and TCU.

8. Wisconsin - Huge win at Iowa this weekend, and they look to be in the drivers seat for the Big Ten Title.

9. LSU - Tough loss to Auburn. But will probably lose again to Bama

10. Stanford - Andrew Luck could be the best pro-type passer in the country.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 25th, 2010, 7:43 am

You missed a #7, you only have 9 teams.

I don't disagree much at all, but I wouldn't include LSU in the top 10.

I think Oregon is the best team in the country, and Auburn is a close second ---- flip-flopping them as the BCS ranking has done is no crime, though. I've watched Auburn's every televised game and Cam Newton is playing better than anybody. In Malzahn's schemes, this guy is the perfect fit, and Malzahn couldn't have a better guy doing it. It is a perfect match and they've got lightning in a bottle right now.

I wonder when was the last time a state has had both of its teams ranked #1 within the same season. I figure it has happened in Florida but don't know. Perhaps CA, but I doubt it.

Having said that, I hate it that Auburn's doing well. Can't deny it, but boy it gripes me something fierce. :roll:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » October 26th, 2010, 2:03 am

Dolfan,

Thanks for the correction. I'd probably move TCU into the #10 spot and move everyone us up.

I understand your disagreement with LSU, but in light of the fact they only lost by 7 at Auburn, I didn't think that deserved to drop them out of the top ten. Having said that, give it a week or two and LSU will be no where to be found in the top ten.

As for Auburn, wow. I know you hate it, but they are clicking on all cylinders right now. I hate to say this, especially this early, but the Heisman's is Newton's to lose right now.

My question is how in the world did he get away from Urban Myer? Don't you think Florida wish they had him about now? The only hiccup I see for Auburn now is Alabama, and Bama better bring their "A" game that Saturday. I have faith in my boy Saban, that he will prepare a scheme that will keep Newton in check. That is to at least a 125 yards rushing.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 26th, 2010, 11:27 am

Alabama's best defense against Cam Newton would be 400 yards rushing by Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”