Rob's Top Ten

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Rob's Top Ten

Postby Rob » October 10th, 2010, 11:53 am

Since today starts the week of 10-10-10 here is your perfect Top 10 for the week. Just kidding.

1. Oregon - Wow, what a team. I am impressed and think they can run the table in the PAC-10 and play for the NC.

2. The Ohio State University - They have a tough road, beginning at Wisconsin this week. But for now, they are the #2 team in the nation.

3. Nebraska - I was impressed with them Thursday night. By far the best team in the Big 12, I wish they were in the Big Ten this year and have a championship game there.

4. Auburn - They still have a tough road as well, but for now looking impressive in the SEC West.

5. Oklahoma - The 2nd best team in the Big 12, the only problem, Nebraska is still in the Big 12.

6. LSU - This is either a very good team or Les Myles has to be the luckiest coach in the country.

7. South Carolina - Wow what a win. The 'Ole Ball Coach may have turned the corner and USC will be a force in the SEC. Lattimore is the real deal at running back too.

8. Alabama - Still a long way to go and they still have a chance to win the SEC West.

9. Arkansas - They can still make some noise in the West. They can begin this week against Auburn.

10 Tie. Boise - TCU - If OSU and Oregon play for the NC, I'd like to see Boise play either Nebraska or the SEC winner and TCU get the other, and let's see how good these teams are.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Rob's Top Ten

Postby Paully_44 » October 11th, 2010, 6:58 am

Rob wrote:Since today starts the week of 10-10-10 here is your perfect Top 10 for the week. Just kidding.

1. Oregon - Wow, what a team. I am impressed and think they can run the table in the PAC-10 and play for the NC.

I cant stand oregon, and as much as it pains me, i think I have to agree you. I am pulling for a Beaver upset in the Civil War.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » October 11th, 2010, 2:32 pm

1. Ohio State (Will still lose at Iowa)
2. Nebraska (May go undefeated)
3. Boise State (Will go undefeated)
4. TCU (Utah will be a bigger test this year but will probably go undefeated)
5. Oregon (Talk about not playing anybody. The PAC 10 is the ACC west. They will not be able to run that rinky dink offense against physical teams.)
6. Oklahoma (Will lose 1 or 2)
7. Auburn (For now) (Will lose at least 2)
8. LSU (For now - Will lose 2 or 3)
9. South Carolina - May not lose again. Then again they may lose 2 more)
10. (Tie) Iowa (Will not lose again)
10. Alabama (Will not lose again until possibly the SEC championship game)

By the way, give me props on the Upset alert I posted last week. South Carolina can run and they can pass. They are legit.

Early Final Standings Prediction
1. Nebraska (Beats Boise in Championship)
2. Boise (See above)
3. Iowa (Defeats Oregon in Rose Bowl)
4. South Carolina (Defeats TCU in Sugar Bowl. Could flip flop w/ Alabama depending on the SEC championship game)
5. Alabama (Beats Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl)
6. TCU (See above)
7. Ohio State (Defeats NC State in Orange Bowl)
8. Oklahoma (See Above)
9. Oregon (Only because they will probably only have 2 loses)
10. Arkansas (Will win a bowl)
10. NC State (See above)
10. Auburn (Will win a bowl)

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » October 12th, 2010, 3:39 am

Pastorbps wrote:

By the way, give me props on the Upset alert I posted last week. South Carolina can run and they can pass. They are legit.

Early Final Standings Prediction
1. Nebraska (Beats Boise in Championship)
2. Boise (See above)
3. Iowa (Defeats Oregon in Rose Bowl)
4. South Carolina (Defeats TCU in Sugar Bowl. Could flip flop w/ Alabama depending on the SEC championship game)
5. Alabama (Beats Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl)
6. TCU (See above)
7. Ohio State (Defeats NC State in Orange Bowl)
8. Oklahoma (See Above)
9. Oregon (Only because they will probably only have 2 loses)
10. Arkansas (Will win a bowl)
10. NC State (See above)
10. Auburn (Will win a bowl)

Good call on the USC upset of Bama.

However, your early final standings for the BCS is about as tremendously brilliant as the Coaches and AP PRE-SEASON polls. To much football left to be played.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 12th, 2010, 4:25 am

I like your latest ranking, Rob. Makes sense. I'm still not a believer in LSU, but they are undefeated. Sooner or later, the shenanigans of Les Miles will catch up to him. He still has to face Alabama and Auburn. The SEC is a bloodbath in the making, looks like. Or not, if Auburn can make it through undefeated. I just don't believe LSU can do that. I just hope Auburn doesn't, especially at Bama's expense. The more I watch Cam Newton, though, the more I respect them. Don't like them at all, but I respect what they're doing.

BTW -- hats off to South Carolina for an old-fashioned whipping.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » October 12th, 2010, 8:29 am

LSU is not that good, but they are undefeated. WVU should have beat them, if we don't fumble at our 7 and give up a punt return for a TD, but then again if a bullfrog had wings.............

Les Myles is the luckiest coach I've ever seen. If that ball bounces the wrong way on the fake FG they lose, but then again if a bullfrog had wings..........................

I think the West will be decided by Auburn/Alabama. I think Arkansas beats LSU and maybe Auburn as well.

I think Bama will get another shot at the 'ole ball coach in the SEC championship game.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » October 12th, 2010, 10:43 am

Rob wrote:I think Bama will get another shot at the 'ole ball coach in the SEC championship game.

From your lips to God's ears, as they say. :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”