BSU

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

BSU

Postby Paully_44 » September 6th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Well, to all the naysayers over the past couple of years who say Boise St doesnt deserve BCS consideration, they have just won their 27th consecutive game, on the road against a good Virginia Tech.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 7th, 2010, 4:47 am

They looked good to me. Their defensive speed was the thing that impressed me the most. Winslow is a good QB. Of course, this is a one-game schedule for Boise. Oregon State was the only other ranked team on their schedule, and they even lost their opener. So, we're still back to square one on their merit for the BCS --- IF you're looking to make an argument one way or the other based on their schedule.

They've won 2 BCS games in the last 4-5 years. They are doing everything they can do to make it in. If they win, what more can be expected? Every year, it seems, at least one team from one of the AQ conferences gets blown away in a BCS bowl. Is it really such a horrible thing if a non-AQ team like Boise State is included in the BCS picture when their regular season and previous BCS appearances are consistently wins?

For me, I don't have a problem right now with saying BSU is a valid BCS contending team. I may or may not have that opinion by the end of the season. Anything can happen and usually does. :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » September 10th, 2010, 3:59 am

Okay, I'm still not drinking the Blue Kool-Aid. I guess, I watched a different game then most of America. Va. Tech, with the weight of the BCS on their shoulder's laid an egg. Fumbled snap, and blocked punt, (when was the last time a Frank Breamer team had a punt blocked instead of blocking a punt?), and down 17-0, came back went ahead after they played terrible.

Having said all of that, Va. Tech was/is not a top ten team, they maybe 4th best in their own conference. (Behind, Miami, FSU, UNC).

Second, Oregon State is not rated. So the only rated team that Boise will play all year is Va. Tech. I wish this game would have been played when originally scheduled in Oct. so that both teams could have been playing some.

They play Wyoming next week, then Oregon St. and after that it's the sisters-of-the-poor. I know High Schools in Kentucky that play a tougher schedule than Boise.

All of that being said, here's a prediction so get ready. The National Championship Game this year in Glendale, AZ will be.......................(drum roll please).........................................................................

Boise St. against Texas Christian

I can't wait to see that game. (Sarcasm laced)
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » September 13th, 2010, 3:00 am

With Va. Tech losing to James Madison a 1-AA team, and Boise needing a TD in the last seconds to beat VA. Tech. Now how big a win is that? IMO, not big at all.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » September 13th, 2010, 4:53 am

Rob wrote:With Va. Tech losing to James Madison a 1-AA team, and Boise needing a TD in the last seconds to beat VA. Tech. Now how big a win is that? IMO, not big at all.

At the time, it was a good win. If BSU would have lost, it would have been all about how over-rated they are.

A week later, that win is not so big.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » September 14th, 2010, 3:28 am

Paully_44 wrote:
Rob wrote:With Va. Tech losing to James Madison a 1-AA team, and Boise needing a TD in the last seconds to beat VA. Tech. Now how big a win is that? IMO, not big at all.

At the time, it was a good win. If BSU would have lost, it would have been all about how over-rated they are.

A week later, that win is not so big.

Okay Paully, again, I'm not drinking the Blue Kool-Aid, but how can it be a big win for BSU? BSU had to score in the last minute to beat Va. Tech, when James Madison really dominated Va Tech at Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, this was not a neutral site. James Madison beat them on Va. Tech Campus.

I will say this for BSU to get to the NC game now. They have to destroy Oregon St., and then they have to beat everyone in their conference by 50+ points. Because a one loss SEC team or even a two loss SEC team will get to the NC game before an undefeated BSU will IMO.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » October 20th, 2010, 7:25 pm

So how is it that Va Tech can lose to a 1-AA team, we well as BSU and still be in the top 25 for the BCS?

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » October 24th, 2010, 3:13 am

Paully_44 wrote:

So how is it that Va Tech can lose to a 1-AA team, we well as BSU and still be in the top 25 for the BCS?

IMO, Boise is the media darling because most college football fans want a National Champion to have played a decent schedule. Not a schedule that includes several teams in the lower 1/3 of college football.

IMO TCU plays a much tougher schedule than Boise and deserves it more than Boise.

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”