Southeast Conference Predictions

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Southeast Conference Predictions

Postby Pastorbps » September 6th, 2010, 6:27 am

SEC EAST
1. South Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt

SEC WEST
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Arkansas
4. LSU
5. Mississippi
6. Mississippi State

The SEC East will be decided this weekend (SC vs GEO)
Alabama beats South Carolina in the Title Game

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Re: Southeast Conference Predictions

Postby KBevangelist » September 6th, 2010, 12:29 pm

Pastorbps wrote:SEC EAST
1. South Carolina
2. Georgia
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt

SEC WEST
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Arkansas
4. LSU
5. Mississippi
6. Mississippi State

The SEC East will be decided this weekend (SC vs GEO)
Alabama beats South Carolina in the Title Game

I am agree that it more than likely will be decided by SC and Ga. But who knows. Meyer's is a heck of a ball coach so it would not shock me if Florida won it again.

None the less, GO DAWGS and beat the chickens

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 11th, 2010, 9:18 am

I think that's a pretty good guess, pastorbps. I think either Bama or LSU wins the West, though. Tenn 3rd in the East? Mmmmm. I'm not biting on that one. :lol: After watching Auburn against MSU on Thursday night, I was underwhelmed. Cam Newton is a really good player, but he's really all Auburn has on offense right now. Michael Dyer will develop over the season, but he's not there yet. Compare him to SC's Marcus Lattimore --- I know, it's hard to. If Newton goes down, which could happen the way they run him (Auburn relied on draw plays heavily), you can put a fork in 'em.

Well, there goes my plan to go outside and mow. Rain just started pouring. I just finished watching UGA and SC moments ago. I should've mowed instead. Yikes.

Anyway, South Carolina looks very good through two games. Florida? Man. They've got some work to do. Right now, the way they're playing, if they don't step it up, I think S. Carolina looks like the frontrunner in the East. Although UGA just lost to SC, it's a 3 horse race in the East between those 2 and UF. Tennessee still has too much to rebuild from after the completely disastrous one year of Lane Kiffin.

Now watching Spurrier's post game interview. He's extremely satisfied with ol' Lattimore. :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » September 12th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Okay I"m no SEC fan, but here's what I think.

USC - will lay and egg somewhere along the way and lose a game they should not lose. I love the Lattimore kid.

FL - Is still the team to beat in the East until they lose.
UT - will be 5-6 best in the East
UGA - will probably finish 3 if they can find an offense
UK - will suprise a few more folks this year as well.
Vandy - Johnson didn't resign for nothing.

In the West

Bama - Will win the West and probably the NC
Auburn - will give Bama all they want but will come up short
LSU - The seat is getting hotter all the time in Baton Rouge
Ark. - Will finish 3rd in the west.
MSU - getting better but a year or two away
Ole Miss - They looked better with Jeremiah at QB
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 12th, 2010, 5:52 pm

I'm going to have to be made a believer about Auburn this year. I also am not as high on Alabama as most people seem to be in the media. What I saw against Penn State last night was not what I wanted to see. I'd hoped the younger guys in the defensive backfield were just better than they are. I know Ryan Mallet hung 400 on an inferior team yesterday, but when we play Arkansas, it could turn into a shootout. If it does, I'm not liking what I'm seeing from last night. Our best defense against Arkansas could be our ground game on offense.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”