Shake up in College FB

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dalebert
Woohoo!

Shake up in College FB

Postby dalebert » June 13th, 2010, 7:37 am

....Nebraska is now a part of the Big Ten, Colorado has joined the Pac-10 and Boise State is a freshman school in the Mountain West Conference...
Is Notre Dame next to make a move and if they do will it cause other teams to start jumping ship? And what other B12 teams go to the PAC10?

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Shake up in College FB

Postby Paully_44 » June 13th, 2010, 7:33 pm

dalebert wrote:....Nebraska is now a part of the Big Ten, Colorado has joined the Pac-10 and Boise State is a freshman school in the Mountain West Conference...
Is Notre Dame next to make a move and if they do will it cause other teams to start jumping ship? And what other B12 teams go to the PAC10?

If Notre Lame wants to remain BCS eligible, they should be required to be part of a conference. that's my $.10 worth.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dalebert
Woohoo!

Postby dalebert » June 16th, 2010, 2:19 am

Well Texas is staying in the B12 and it look as the B12 will stay around with just 10 teams.....the B10 got stronger w/Neb coming over and now they will be having a conf. play off which will be exciting....

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Shake up in College FB

Postby Paully_44 » June 19th, 2010, 1:11 pm

dalebert wrote:....Nebraska is now a part of the Big Ten, Colorado has joined the Pac-10 and Boise State is a freshman school in the Mountain West Conference...

Unfortunately, the Pac-10 didnt do much to improve our league getting only Colorado and Utah. At least we will hopefully institute a conference playoff.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » June 20th, 2010, 6:43 pm

I think the Pac-10 did well, though, by NOT getting Texas and the Big 12 South. That's my opinion, of course, but given Texas' propensity for demanding a bigger cut of the conference money pie, I think you'd see a battle among schools (not teams -- schools) that is unhealthy for a conference. IMO, the Big 12 should go get TCU and Houston to get back to 12 teams, keep their conference championship game, and allow Texas their own TV deal, but to the extent Texas gets revenue from that deal over and above the average conference distribution to all its schools, Texas should be penalized that amount and it should be reallocated among the remaining schools.

I also think the BCS should give Notre Dame 3 years to find a conference or lose its BCS eligibility, period.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » June 20th, 2010, 7:04 pm

dolfan wrote:I think the Pac-10 did well, though, by NOT getting Texas and the Big 12 South. That's my opinion, of course, but given Texas' propensity for demanding a bigger cut of the conference money pie, I think you'd see a battle among schools (not teams -- schools) that is unhealthy for a conference. IMO, the Big 12 should go get TCU and Houston to get back to 12 teams, keep their conference championship game, and allow Texas their own TV deal, but to the extent Texas gets revenue from that deal over and above the average conference distribution to all its schools, Texas should be penalized that amount and it should be reallocated among the remaining schools.

You have good points. I just wanted bigger named schools with more national clout than Utah & Colorado to join us, or none at all.

dolfan wrote:I also think the BCS should give Notre Dame 3 years to find a conference or lose its BCS eligibility, period.

3 years? you are too generous. :wink:

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » June 21st, 2010, 2:03 am

It looks to me that the Big 10 is the new Big 12 and the Pac 10 is now the Pac 12 but the Big 12 is the new Big 10.

Once again proving that the SEC is the best conference because we don't have to worry about name changes if a team leaves (which none do) or joins. 8)
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”