Tuberville to Texas Tech; maybe Smart to UGA

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Tuberville to Texas Tech; maybe Smart to UGA

Postby dolfan » January 9th, 2010, 10:13 am

15 minutes before it made ESPN only about 5 minutes ago, a certain source on al.com posted that Tuberville has been hired at Texas Tech. This guy is very, very reliable. Ivan Maisel now reports a presser tomorrow at 3 PM EST to announce Tuberville's hire at TT. Same poster also reported that Kirby Smart will be then next DC at Georgia, which is not surprising given Saban's comments yesterday about "the grass is always greener on the septic tank". I hate losing Smart, but Saban is really the DC. Sal Sunseri will probably get bumped up to DC at Bama, which has been widely anticipated.

On the upside, Bama got 4 star LB commit from C.J. Mosely today.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Re: Tuberville to Texas Tech; maybe Smart to UGA

Postby KBevangelist » January 10th, 2010, 7:33 pm

dolfan wrote:15 minutes before it made ESPN only about 5 minutes ago, a certain source on al.com posted that Tuberville has been hired at Texas Tech. This guy is very, very reliable. Ivan Maisel now reports a presser tomorrow at 3 PM EST to announce Tuberville's hire at TT. Same poster also reported that Kirby Smart will be then next DC at Georgia, which is not surprising given Saban's comments yesterday about "the grass is always greener on the septic tank". I hate losing Smart, but Saban is really the DC. Sal Sunseri will probably get bumped up to DC at Bama, which has been widely anticipated.

On the upside, Bama got 4 star LB commit from C.J. Mosely today.

I hope Smart does come home. But I will wait to see if he will, I think, he will use it to get more money from Bama.

UGA needs some defense bad

KB

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 11th, 2010, 10:31 am

At press conference announcing Rolando McClain will enter the 2010 NFL Draft (no surprise, there!), Coach Saban announced the Kirby Smart will remain as DC at Alabama.

If he'd gone to UGA, who could blame him, really, for going home? But, I wonder if it would've been the right move at his age. Richt has got one more year to bring big improvement, or he's a goner. I wouldn't hitch my wagon to his star just now. BUT, Todd Grantham, who did coach for Saban at Mich. State and is the DL coach for the 'Boys, is the big name in the rumor mill at UGA (and was rumored for Bama if Smart came to UGA).

May I say that, any hurt feelings for Georgia fans aside, Grantham is your best choice??? I think he's probably a better fit, I think he's most likely to turn things around faster (check his history out and you'll see why I say that), and you're not going to have to pay him as much as you offered Smart. I think Grantham would jump all over it, and succeed. I really do think it is win/win.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”