Trivia Question

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Trivia Question

Postby Rob » January 8th, 2010, 5:31 am

Okay guys let's see how close you paid attention to the game last night because this answer was given right after the game. That is your hint, and please be honest no google search. Probably the only one I can trust on this is IMAPK. :lol:

Since 1950 there have been 4 Heisman Trophy winners who played for an undefeated National Champion. Mark Ingram did it last night, can you name the other 3?
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 11:08 am

I saw that graphic last night and can't remember. And, I'm on oath here that I'm not Googling it in any way. And, when you read my guesses, you'll know it. :lol:

Here goes:

Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer?
Roger Staubach?
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 11:09 am

Same rule -- no googling -- who was the last RB to win both the Heisman and NC in the same season? Also on the game last night.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 8th, 2010, 4:30 pm

The answer to my trivia question. Since 1950 who are the 4 Heisman winners who also played for an undefeated National Champion.

Mark Ingram did it last night.
Matt Liehart did it for USC
Charles Woodson the only defensive player to win the award
Tony Dorsett

So Dolfan either Mark Ingram or TD could be the answer to your question.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 5:13 pm

That's the graphic I saw then (my old-timer's disease working). Couldn't remember it all. Yes, Dorsett is the only RB to win the Heisman and the NC in the same year until Ingram (since '50).

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Re: Trivia Question

Postby ImaPK » January 8th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:Okay guys let's see how close you paid attention to the game last night because this answer was given right after the game. That is your hint, and please be honest no google search. Probably the only one I can trust on this is IMAPK. :lol:

Since 1950 there have been 4 Heisman Trophy winners who played for an undefeated National Champion. Mark Ingram did it last night, can you name the other 3?

I can name two of the three...Matt Lienert and Tony Dorsett. Not sure of the third.
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 8th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:The answer to my trivia question. Since 1950 who are the 4 Heisman winners who also played for an undefeated National Champion.

Tony Dorsett

:oops: Dang I should have known Woodson. :oops:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 9th, 2010, 5:11 am

ImaPK wrote:
Pastor Rob wrote:The answer to my trivia question. Since 1950 who are the 4 Heisman winners who also played for an undefeated National Champion.

Tony Dorsett

I'm so disappointed in you. :lol: I thought for sure you would know that one.

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 9th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:
ImaPK wrote:

Tony Dorsett

I'm so disappointed in you. :lol: I thought for sure you would know that one.

:cry: Hey I'm getting old...wait I am OLD. :o

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”