My Final Poll for the year

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

My Final Poll for the year

Postby Rob » January 7th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Let's see how close I am.

1. Alabama - National Champion
2. Texas - For losing their starting QB they played well no need to drop.
3. Florida - Played awesome in their bowl game.
4. Boise St. - I'm finally being realistic about my poll, but no way they beat the 3 teams I've put ahead of them.
5. Cincinnati - Shame on Kelly for leaving this team, they were better than they played in the Sugar Bowl.
6. Ohio St. - Totally surprised at how they played in the Rose Bowl.
7. Penn St. - Played well in the Muck Bowl.
8. Iowa - Wonder what they will do next year.
9. TCU - Overrated all year in my opinion.
10 Va. Tech - I think they are playing BSU next year. GO HOKIES
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 7th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Good poll. I agree.

Texas. That team is full of classy players and coaches. Colt McCoy is a man's man. This fan is now a Colt McCoy fan, and I hope the Dolphins get him.

What an effort. And, my boy Dareus. A beast. Love that kid.

Cloud 9 at my house.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » January 7th, 2010, 7:55 pm

1. Boise
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. Florida
5. TCU
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. Cincinnati
9. Va.Tech
10. Clemson (They beat Kentucky who almost beat Tenn. who should have beat Alabama) :twisted:

Alright, I'll do it right
1. Alabama (Would love to have seen what would have happened with McCoy in the whole game).
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. Boise (Great season but I don't think they could beat the top 3 either)
5. Ohio State
6. Va. Tech
7. TCU
8. Iowa
9. Cincinnati
10. Penn State

The way it will be.
1. Alabama
2. Boise
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. Ohio State
6. TCU
7. Cincinnati
8. Va. Tech
9. Iowa
10. Penn State

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 8th, 2010, 5:28 am

The way it is:

AP
1. Bama
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. Boise
5. OSU
6. TCU
7. Iowa
8. Cincy
9. Penn St
10. Va. Tech.

Coaches Poll

1. Bama
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. Boise
5. OSU
6. TCU
7. Iowa
8. Penn St
9. Cincy
10. Va Tech

We were real close Pastorbps
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 11:12 am

I like the Coaches Poll better on Cincy/Penn State.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 11:16 am

Alabama played 3 teams in the final top 10, only one of them in conference. I'm a SEC homer, but I want to point out a bit of an epiphany for me, and that's the level of good football reflected across America in that top 10.

I'd always been sort of a Texas A&M guy because of Alabama connections over the years. Bear, Jackie Sherrill. Then, Franchione became a link in that chain and ruined it for me. So, with last night, my new favorite Big 12 team is Texas. I hope Colt McCoy makes a mint ---- outside of the AFC East, that is, unless Miami gets him. :)

And, I'll repeat my praise of Boise. They ought to be a top 3 team preseason next year. I think they're on the verge of something to blow up the BCS, and unless we have to deal with them next year, I hope they accomplish it.

dalebert
Woohoo!

Postby dalebert » January 8th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Wow....the B10 had three in the final top 10...a BIG turn around for the conf....hopeful its a good sign of the future!!!

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 8th, 2010, 4:33 pm

dalebert wrote:Wow....the B10 had three in the final top 10...a BIG turn around for the conf....hopeful its a good sign of the future!!!

I think your Buckeye's will have a shot at the NC next year with Pryor at QB

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » January 8th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:
dalebert wrote:Wow....the B10 had three in the final top 10...a BIG turn around for the conf....hopeful its a good sign of the future!!!

Lord I hope not. The only school I "hate" more then Ohio State is Notre Dame. Goes back to the 69 Rose Bowl when some idiot named Rex Kern beat OJ and USC. :evil:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » January 8th, 2010, 7:20 pm

I have pushed Boise all year but I know where they belonged BUT they have a real chance at the title next year. They have almost everybody coming back next year.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » January 9th, 2010, 5:08 am

Pastorbps wrote:I have pushed Boise all year but I know where they belonged BUT they have a real chance at the title next year. They have almost everybody coming back next year.

I hope not!!! Unless they play more than one BCS team. I've heard they are playing Va. Tech who doesn't lose much and Oregon St., who will not be very good.

dalebert
Woohoo!

Postby dalebert » January 9th, 2010, 9:36 am

ImaPK wrote:
Pastor Rob wrote:

Lord I hope not. The only school I "hate" more then Ohio State is Notre Dame. Goes back to the 69 Rose Bowl when some idiot named Rex Kern beat OJ and USC. :evil:

LOL..u kill me ImaPK.....i do remember that game....as i wathced it and remember the long run OJ made for a TD...early in the game it was and i thought it was gonna be a long game....but yes u r right Bro Rex came alive and took over..it was a great game....wow..why do i feel old!!?? :shock:

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”