Favre coming back with Vikings

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dalebert
Woohoo!

Favre coming back with Vikings

Postby dalebert » August 18th, 2009, 11:43 am

He has signed ...will he help this team?

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Favre coming back with Vikings

Postby Paully_44 » August 18th, 2009, 11:55 am

dalebert wrote:He has signed ...will he help this team?

he'll take up a roster spot and eat away at some salary. Not sure how much that will actually help his new team.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » August 18th, 2009, 2:27 pm

He's FAR better than Jackson and Rosenfals.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 18th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Some guys don't know when to stop. Favre is one of 'em. BUT, to his credit, he did snake 'em out of $10 mil for the privilege of watching him throw INTs all season. He's laughing all the way to the bank saying, "Dumb yankees." :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 19th, 2009, 3:53 am

He has one of the best backs in the league if not the best, a good defense, I think they may end up being better than people think
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » August 19th, 2009, 6:48 am

He may be the lost puzzle piece the Vikings were looking for especially if the receiver core measures up.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 19th, 2009, 7:56 am

How will he be better now than he was 2 years ago with the Packers? I know he had some good stats at times last year, and I know the injury didn't help him. But he still has a rotator cuff tear, he's a year older, and historically, 40 year old QB's are not that great. He's a slinger and has always thrown a lot of interceptions. Even more of his throws now will be to the other team, I think. If they can keep his pass numbers down to below 25 a game and run the ball 25-28 times a game, he has a chance to survive the season physically and may even get them playoff eligible. Chicago is going to be a lot better with Jay Cutler, and there's no one else in the NFC North but the Bears to compete with for the division. Is second place in the division going to be good enough to get them a wildcard spot? Maybe so, I dunno. I'm not convinced.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » August 19th, 2009, 12:38 pm

Three words....NEW....YORK....JETS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 19th, 2009, 4:40 pm

ImaPK wrote:Three words....NEW....YORK....JETS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two Words Adrian Peterson
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 19th, 2009, 4:43 pm

dolfan wrote:How will he be better now than he was 2 years ago with the Packers? I know he had some good stats at times last year, and I know the injury didn't help him. But he still has a rotator cuff tear, he's a year older, and historically, 40 year old QB's are not that great. He's a slinger and has always thrown a lot of interceptions. Even more of his throws now will be to the other team, I think. If they can keep his pass numbers down to below 25 a game and run the ball 25-28 times a game, he has a chance to survive the season physically and may even get them playoff eligible. Chicago is going to be a lot better with Jay Cutler, and there's no one else in the NFC North but the Bears to compete with for the division. Is second place in the division going to be good enough to get them a wildcard spot? Maybe so, I dunno. I'm not convinced.

Dolfan, you bring up some valid points. However, he will have Adrian Peterson to run the ball, 25-30 times a game and a guy who can break the long one. His receiving corp will be better than the Jets last year, and I think it was a good move for the Vikings considering your other choices was Jackson and Rosenfals. I think a 40 year old Farve is much better than those two.

But that is my opinion.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 20th, 2009, 4:16 am

He is better than those 2 guys, but is he $12 million a year good? Not now, I don't think.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » August 20th, 2009, 4:35 am

Brett's last season as a Packer he lead the team to a 13-3 record and an appearance in the NFC Championship game where they were beaten by the Giants who went on to beat the undefeated Patriots.

The Jets were well on their way to a play off appreance last season till they finsihed 1-5 or something like that. Who did he have in NY?

He may be a slinger dolfan but he throws like most guys wish they could and many a reciever and cornerback can attest to his arm strength. He leads the NFL in far too many categories to not be good. And again I say he is far better than the other options Minnesota has.

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » August 20th, 2009, 8:04 am

The past 4 years, the last 5 games he has falls off a lot, especially in INT to Touchdown ratio. In the span he has a 3 INT to every TD. I heard it on the radio yesterday, very surprised by this.

I am looking forward more to seeing what Jay Cutler does for the Da Bears. 8)

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » August 20th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:
ImaPK wrote:Three words....NEW....YORK....JETS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two words.....THAT'S ALL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 21st, 2009, 4:10 am

ImaPK wrote:
Pastor Rob wrote:

Two words.....THAT'S ALL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two more words: We'll see.

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”