Favre coming back with Vikings

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 21st, 2009, 4:12 am

dolfan wrote:He is better than those 2 guys, but is he $12 million a year good? Not now, I don't think.

I don't think he's worth that, but in comparison to the other options he may be. Also, with Peterson, he may not have to throw 30-35 times a game early in the season to save his arm strength for later in the year.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dalebert
Woohoo!

Postby dalebert » August 21st, 2009, 7:09 am

Well since i did start this post...i think he will be a great fit for the Vikings.
I do feel that he should not throw more than 30 a game. Wil that be enough for the Vikings given that their run game stays on top to make the playoffs? Dont know, but u r right Dolfan..."THE BEARS' will be the ones to beat!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 21st, 2009, 7:57 am

Official Proclamation:

ImaPK is hereby my official NYJ fan friend. As a Dolphins fan, I limit myself to one; my old one moved away. Since there ain't nobody around here that I know who is a Jets fan :lol: :lol: I'm going to let ImaPK have free shots at the Dolphins and I can take them at the Jets and we're all cool with it.

Sorry, Bills fans. You just don't qualify. :lol: :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » August 22nd, 2009, 7:22 pm

dolfan wrote:Official Proclamation:

ImaPK is hereby my official NYJ fan friend. As a Dolphins fan, I limit myself to one; my old one moved away. Since there ain't nobody around here that I know who is a Jets fan :lol: :lol: I'm going to let ImaPK have free shots at the Dolphins and I can take them at the Jets and we're all cool with it.

Sorry, Bills fans. You just don't qualify. :lol: :lol:

Sorry dolfan but I'm a died in the wool DALLAS COWBOYS FAN!!!!! Ain't care for the Jets since 69 when I won a bunch on them against the Colts! I'll help you take shots at the Jets though. :lol: (and Farve :wink: )
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » August 23rd, 2009, 3:53 pm

ImaPK wrote:
Sorry dolfan but I'm a died in the wool DALLAS COWBOYS FAN!!!!! Ain't care for the Jets since 69 when I won a bunch on them against the Colts! I'll help you take shots at the Jets though. :lol: (and Farve :wink: )

I have missed you Mike..... :D
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 23rd, 2009, 4:07 pm

In my book there is no such thing as a "Cowboy" Friend! :lol:
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 24th, 2009, 4:02 am

I used to be a Cowboy-hater in the 70's when I was a Steelers fan. I still love the Steelers (almost as much as the Dolphins). But, I became a Cowboy fan, too. Just way too much history on that team, way too many good players, for me to not like them. I slowly came around to that on the Pats too when they reached their success --- just too good not to like them. I've even developed a healthy respect for the Colts with Manning (not easy for a Bama guy to admit :lol: ), but when someone is just that good at football, I find it hard to not pull for them (unless, of course, they're playing the Dolphins).
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » August 24th, 2009, 5:08 pm

I have been a Steeler fan my whole life. I hate the Cowboys, and Raiders, other than that I pretty much respect other teams. Probably the only team I dislike worse than the Cowboy's and Raiders is Notre Dame. However I have to admit, I turn Catholic now one Saturday a year and that's when Notre Dame plays Michigan.

Al Davis is nuts, the only thing I think he may have been right about is Lane Kiffin. I put Jerry Jones almost in the same category as Davis, especially after the way he treated Tom Landry.

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » August 27th, 2009, 9:24 am

Back to the subject. Seems like Farve coming to the Vikings have split the players three ways. Many of the players support either Rosenfels or Jackson, but not many support Farve. I think most of it because he did not go through Training Camp.

If they start slow or hit a losing streak, it could get very ugly in Minnesota.

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Favre coming back with Vikings

Postby Paully_44 » January 18th, 2010, 7:38 am

Paully_44 wrote:
dalebert wrote:He has signed ...will he help this team?

he'll take up a roster spot and eat away at some salary. Not sure how much that will actually help his new team.

Wow, could I have a some pepper to go with this huge plate of crow I am being served? 13-4 record, and heading to the Conference Championship against the Saints. Guess I'll admit he was worth it. :oops:
Let the wild rumpus start!

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » January 18th, 2010, 9:00 am

Might it also be said it was one of his best seasons ever if not the best?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » January 18th, 2010, 9:45 am

Full Quiver wrote:Might it also be said it was one of his best seasons ever if not the best?

Guess it depends on how much crow I'd like to have.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Re: Favre coming back with Vikings

Postby Mole_J » January 18th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Paully_44 wrote:
Paully_44 wrote:
dalebert wrote:He has signed ...will he help this team?

he'll take up a roster spot and eat away at some salary. Not sure how much that will actually help his new team.

Wow, could I have a some pepper to go with this huge plate of crow I am being served? 13-4 record, and heading to the Conference Championship against the Saints. Guess I'll admit he was worth it. :oops:

I am right beside you Paully :cry:

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » January 19th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Full Quiver wrote:Might it also be said it was one of his best seasons ever if not the best?

As a lifelong Viking FAN, I have to say that it IS Brett's BEST SEASON EVER!!!

Having cheered against him for SOOOOOOOOOOO many years, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that he saved the BEST for the end and for the Vikings!!! :):):)

I wish that Childers and Peterson had been able to control their jealousy and we hadn't lost 3 in a row because of it.

Oh well, at least they came back from that before the season ended and we played without it last week. If we can just keep it away for a few more weeks, we should do very well.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 22nd, 2010, 5:45 am

I've recounted this thread all season long in my mind. :lol: What can you say? Favre has had a stellar season. He's been uninjured, and that's been the key for him. If you can't understand me, it's because I'm eating that crow, too. :lol: The sickest thing Favre did was against the Cowboys and that pass he threw to Rice like 50 yards in the air with all those Cowboys in his face. Just pure art.

(I'm still pulling for the Saints, though. Would love to see them make the Super Bowl with my guy Roman Harper.)

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”