SEC Media Days in One Month

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

SEC Media Days in One Month

Postby dolfan » June 22nd, 2009, 8:01 am

The pre-pre-season smack is going on in full force in Alabama between us and Auburn. Alabama got 3 commitments Saturday --- one of them for 2011!! We've got 15 for 2010 already. I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to do that. Hasn't happened before.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » July 20th, 2009, 6:06 am

SEC Media Days this week!!! 47 days to football, y'all!!!! RTR!!!!
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

dalebert
Woohoo!

Postby dalebert » July 20th, 2009, 9:54 am

yup....the air is stirring in "Buckeye Country".....GO BUCKS!

MrDanger
I like flapjacks.

Postby MrDanger » July 20th, 2009, 2:40 pm

I've been playing my NCAA game on the xbox getting ready for the season. By the way, I've won 7 national championships in 9 seasons.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » July 21st, 2009, 3:34 am

as much as I am looking forward to football season, I am not looking forward to the shorter, colder, wetter days of fall.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » July 22nd, 2009, 4:24 am

I'm so ready for football, and can't to see how the 'Eer's do this year. But I'm not looking forward to the hick interviews that Bill Stewart will be giving during his halftime exits.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » July 23rd, 2009, 10:07 am

Pastor Rob, your comment reminds me of halftime when Bama played Colorado after Mike Shula was fired. Joe Kines was interim coach, and you had the obligatory trotting off the field halftime interview. He yelled into the microphone some sort of typically Kines coachspeak. I loved it, of course, because I like ol' Joe Kines, but cringed some, too. He's an old school guy, for sure. So's Stewart. I hope y'all crush Auburn.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » July 25th, 2009, 3:45 am

The Auburn game was originally a Thursday Night game, that has now been moved to Saturday Night. I was planning on making the trip had it been Thursday Night, but with it being a Saturday Night I'll be in my den on the couch with my bag of popcorn and my favorite beverage (COKE), pulling for the Eer's. We did it last year with a strong second half by Noel Devine, I was there, and I hope we can pull it off again.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”