A Baseball blessing

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

A Baseball blessing

Postby Paully_44 » June 22nd, 2007, 5:04 am

My neighbor, whom I rarely see, came out to walk his dogs a couple weeks back while I was out working in the yard. He came over and asked me if I like baseball. I told him it was my favorite sport and we chatted about the Mariners and how we love going to games at both the Major league and minor league level. He then asked me if I would like tickets to a game some time. Apparently, he gets tickets from time time from work. Of course I said "Are you kidding me?"

A couple days later, he came over and handed me 4 tickets to the Mariners vs the Pirates. $60 tickets in a special club seating area (he gave me 4 of those) on the front row, plus a parking voucher so I dont have to pay the $30 to park. I was shocked. I was telling eagerbeav about it the other day, and he pointed out to me it was my blessing, hadnt stopped to think of it like that.

anyway, the game was last night and we couldnt have asked for a better night. 73 degrees at opening pitch, clear skies and the roof opened at Safeco Field. The stadium is right next to Puget Sound and there was a slight breeze coming in off the water. The smell of the salt water was the icing on cake. It was a beautiful night at the park. A great way for my wife to unwind a bit before heading in to Sr Camp next week, and an awesome night to share as a family.

I thank God for my baseball blessing.
Let the wild rumpus start!

panhandler

Postby panhandler » June 22nd, 2007, 5:17 am

Sounds like a great blessing. I used to have a neighbor that had season tickets to the Braves (my favorite team) and he would come over and hand me tickets regularly. I dream of having season tickets and watching Baseball in person almost every day.
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

doilooklost
The 1,000 Club

Postby doilooklost » June 22nd, 2007, 7:08 am

That was a great story

Darling
Woohoo!

Postby Darling » June 22nd, 2007, 7:17 am

What a great God we serve! He gives us the desires of our hearts. I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance of the salt water off Puget Sound. And those Marineers....way to go guys.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » June 22nd, 2007, 9:07 am

Darling wrote:What a great God we serve! He gives us the desires of our hearts. I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance of the salt water off Puget Sound. And those Marineers....way to go guys.

I definately thought of you mom when the breeze brought the smell of Elliot Bay in to stadium.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”