Oxford NCAA Baseball Regional

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Oxford NCAA Baseball Regional

Postby pastorables » June 2nd, 2007, 9:10 pm

We were blessed this week. I posted a request on-line for 2 reserved seats to the Oxford Regional to watch the Rebels play toward Omaha. I received several responses for inflated prices on average reserved seating. After sitting on the ground near the third base hill in last year's Regional, anything would be a welcome change. One particular response to my ad caught my eye. It was for box seats just behind home plate. :shock: To my surprise, a doctor from south Mississippi sold us his box seats for face value, no inflated scalping. These are the best seats in the entire stadium just behind home plate where the coaches and scouts sit, etc. :lol: It has been fun watching the Rebels thus far as they have reached 2 - 0 in the Regional with wins over Sam Houston, 14 to 5, and Southern Mississippi, 4 to 0. We go for the championship tomorrow with the opportunity to advance to Super Regionals to play the Arizona State vs. Nebraska/UC Riverside winner.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » June 3rd, 2007, 7:45 pm

Ole Miss eliminates Sam Houston 21 to 13 for the opportunity to play Arizona State in the Tempe Super Regional. ASU is very tough. This will be a huge challenge.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » June 4th, 2007, 2:19 am

pastorables wrote:Ole Miss eliminates Sam Houston 21 to 13 for the opportunity to play Arizona State in the Tempe Super Regional. ASU is very tough. This will be a huge challenge.

Go Pac-10

I would love to see any of the games leading up to the College World Series. I am envious.
Let the wild rumpus start!

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » June 4th, 2007, 4:23 am

Paully_44 wrote:
pastorables wrote:Ole Miss eliminates Sam Houston 21 to 13 for the opportunity to play Arizona State in the Tempe Super Regional. ASU is very tough. This will be a huge challenge.

Go Pac-10

I would love to see any of the games leading up to the College World Series. I am envious.

Paully,

A few years back (2004), Washington came to the Oxford Regional. If my memory serves me correctly, No. 2 seed Washington eliminated the No. 1 seed Rebels from the tournament.

pa

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » June 4th, 2007, 4:49 am

pastorables wrote:
Paully_44 wrote:

Go Pac-10

Paully,

A few years back (2004), Washington came to the Oxford Regional. If my memory serves me correctly, No. 2 seed Washington eliminated the No. 1 seed Rebels from the tournament.

pa

Pac-10 usually represents pretty well in the College World Series both in Baseball and Girls softball. I have been watching that as well this year and there have been some great games.
Let the wild rumpus start!

EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--

Postby EagerBeaver » June 4th, 2007, 5:23 am

Oregon State did win it all last year.

I'm not such a big fan of OSU anymore, for personal reasons.
Chris Brewer - My Website

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”