Bill Donovan

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Shellie
Site Admin

Bill Donovan

Postby Shellie » June 1st, 2007, 4:06 am

Anybody know where he will go?
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

panhandler

I heard

Postby panhandler » June 1st, 2007, 4:33 am

last night that he has a deal done with the Magic.

I guess he looked at his recruiting class and said "I am out of here".
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » June 1st, 2007, 11:31 am

well the spin has already begun on the little blue farm in lessington... Now on the sports boards there is

option A...that Billy really wanted the kitten job, but could not diss Fla and that brainfart gave him a deadline and Billy could not meet it.

Option b... Billy really wanted the kitten Job but he knew that even ky could not pay him that much, and that he knew that the Olando job was already his and would pay him alot more.

Option C...(which either stands for cats or on crack)...but Brainfart and Billy met and Billy really wented the job but Brainfart said that he was going in a different direction, so he took the orlando job because if he was not going to be in Lessington no college job would be a close second

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » June 1st, 2007, 2:39 pm

Lets see if he can handle a pro team. His mentor could not.
To God be the Glory.

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » June 2nd, 2007, 5:32 am

Rahab wrote:Lets see if he can handle a pro team. His mentor could not.

Well I was not a great fan of his "mentor" when he was his MENTOR but lets at least get the facts right. Rick could handle being a pro coach just not a pro GM. Rick did coach NY and did a good job, (before he took that step down to lessington) THe problem is Rick did not do good as Head Coach and GM together. That is two full time jobs that take are truly full time.

My problem with College coaches going to the pros is that MOST of the time the players get paid a LOT more than the coaches and they don't want to listen. Most pro players think once they made it they don't need to learn anything anymore. Most Successful college coaches are successful because they are able to teach the game. Billy should be successful because they have a young team and he is coming off back to back titles.

Option D... Billy isn't that good he will be a total failure int the pros, and the kittens will have at least 2 or 3 national titles when he finds his next job in college...

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » June 2nd, 2007, 6:34 am

...Gillispie assuming the reigns at UK made Donovan think that he and UK would eventually supercede the Florida program? Gillispie beating out Donovan for Patterson I'm sure sent a message. I'm not saying it was the biggest factor, but I'm sure it was a factor in his decision to move on.

YEP a guy that has JUST WON BACK TO BACK is worried about a guy that has been a coach for 5 years and went to the sweet 16...Guy that was supposed to be the guy that gets the best kids to sign...YET His only great signee was a kid that he signed for next year that STAYED at TAM, YET he still counts for Gillispie... YET when He signs one of the four he wanted and that one had done everything but sign for the kittens ...SO the one is a tubby recruit and Gillispie should be credited for losing one that tubby had....
spin spin spin.....

here is one reply from a Fla fan

Meanwhile uk fan's have nothing better to do than keep talking up a coach that has won a grand total of 3 NCAA tournament games. Zero Titles, Zero Finals, Zero Final Fours, Zero Elite 8's...and a whopping 1 Sweet 16. That's one LESS than his DUI's.

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”