MLB

Take me out to the ball game! Basketball, baseball, football...Oh my!

Moderator: The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

MLB

Postby Full Quiver » May 18th, 2007, 7:55 am

Is inter-league play necessary? I know it began as a ratings booster and a ticket seller but for real. I am not a fan of it. Of course the thought of the Mets and the Yankees dueling it out is great but how fair is it? It's not like the Mets will play the A's next year or the Devil Rays or even the Rangers. I speak concerning rivalries. 6 games each year against the Yanks. and a few here and there against other orgs. does not constitute real interleague play. I wish we could go back to the old schedule and keep the two leagues separate until after the playoffs.

At the end of the season if a team is 2 games out of 1st then it could be due to having to play these games. Scenario: Mets beat the Yankees 4 out of 6 games. Mets are 2 games back at the end of the season. Had the Mets played the Braves , the Phillies, or the Marlins those 6 times instead of the Yanks then those 4 wins would have been better as far as causing losses to National League teams as well.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

panhandler

Agreed!

Postby panhandler » May 18th, 2007, 8:13 am

It was fine when it first started but it should be VERY limited if it is still continued. Perhaps a 3 game between Yanks-Mets, Cubs-White Sox, etc per year if it continues at all.

I am tired of it also.
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: MLB

Postby Paully_44 » May 18th, 2007, 8:20 am

Full Quiver wrote:Is inter-league play necessary?

You make some valid points. I personally like it. I love seeing the other teams roll in to town, getting a chance to see the stars from other teams.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Return to “Sports...By Popular Demand”