Hello Kiddies

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

My first impression of Jude 2 is...

Jude 2?? I thought I was on... oh, never mind.
9%
I feel right at home. As I was saying before...
80%
I'm just passing through to check it out.
6%
No thanks, I am outta here!
6%

Total votes: 35

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Hello Kiddies

Postby Pastor Gary » January 28th, 2003, 11:29 pm

Well, here we are, with yet another new beginning. It's been quite a ride.

I am posting this to ask for a personal favor. Many of you have made the trip over from "another forum that will not be named here." It was home for us for a long time -- a GOOD home. It is still a good forum; it has just taken a turn many found difficult.

Please don't go there and bash or try to make a big dramatic exit. If you wish to post here AND remain active there, fine. No problem. In fact, enjoy. But don't rub your liberty in the face of those running that forum or anyone who posts there.

Welcome to your new home. We tried to make it as much like the one you just got used to as we could, so you wouldn't have a learning curve to get started right away.

And check out the awesome gallery of cartoon/anime avatars available.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 29th, 2003, 4:53 am

Awesome work here. I love the color Scheme, goes well with my Windows Xp.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this.

Will there be an announcement on the COGOP site?

Pastor Gary

Mahalo!

Postby Pastor Gary » January 29th, 2003, 8:37 am

Gerald Creasy wrote:Awesome work here.

Thanks. (And many thanks, JG)

Gerald Creasy wrote:I love the color Scheme, goes well with my Windows Xp.

Just to make it visually different from other familiar forums while maintaining s familiar face.

Gerald Creasy wrote:Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this.

Mostly our generous host. :lol:

Gerald Creasy wrote:Will there be an announcement on the COGOP site?

When the time is right to go public --when the real URL kicks in -- I don't care where it is announced, as long as it is done in a nice, polite, way. If you read my initial post you know I DO NOT want this to be an in-your-face move. I intend it as peacemaking and it is to be a win/win.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 29th, 2003, 11:12 am

How long does it take for the Dot Com name to kick i? Is it a matter of Hours, days? Or is that an Unknown at this time?

Pastor Gary

The URL

Postby Pastor Gary » January 29th, 2003, 11:47 am

It could kick in at 5:30 PM EST +/- a few... or it could take another 12 hours after that... or 24.

Know what I mean? Depends upon a lot of stuff; general net traffic, amount of new domains being initiated, the DNS update schedule of some out of the way servers, etc. I have had them go up fast, and I have had them take as long as 48 hours. It is out of our control, at any rate, so we wait.

Glad you are anxious. Please let me post the announcement on that other forum.

Gerald Creasy

Re: The URL

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 29th, 2003, 11:50 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Glad you are anxious. Please let me post the announcement on that other forum.

Nauturally!

Glad to have you as leader agiain (you know Southerners are passionate about their leaders :lol: )

Daniel
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Re: Hello Kiddies

Postby Daniel » January 29th, 2003, 12:04 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:Well, here we are, with yet another new beginning. It's been quite a ride.

I'm really looking forward to this new forum. 8)

God bless..
Blessings,
Daniel <><
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

It doesn't matter what they do, what they think, what they say
At the end of the day, I'm okay, anyway!

My Blog: gopher://localhost/0/ | Don't follow this. | 2 Cor. 11:1

Jeremy Gault
Respect my authoritei!

Postby Jeremy Gault » January 29th, 2003, 12:42 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:It could kick in at 5:30 PM EST +/- a few... or it could take another 12 hours after that... or 24.

Know what I mean? Depends upon a lot of stuff; general net traffic, amount of new domains being initiated, the DNS update schedule of some out of the way servers, etc. I have had them go up fast, and I have had them take as long as 48 hours. It is out of our control, at any rate, so we wait.

If I told you that I had written a shell script that ran periodically (pretty often) and queried all 13 root nameservers to see if the domain is in any of them yet (and if it is, send an E-Mail to my pager, cell phone, and regular inbox) then would you think I've flipped my lid?

In other words, I've got it rigged up so that as soon as it pops into the root DNS, I'll know about it. :)

It's 5:42PM (or thereabouts) and it still hasn't shown up. Then again, the registry is run by VeriSign, and they tend to do things at their own pace. :?

Pastor Gary

Postby Pastor Gary » January 29th, 2003, 1:11 pm

Jeremy wrote:If I told you that I had written a shell script that ran periodically (pretty often) and queried all 13 root nameservers to see if the domain is in any of them yet (and if it is, send an E-Mail to my pager, cell phone, and regular inbox) then would you think I've flipped my lid?

No. I'd think you are potentially dangerous and the kind of guy I want in my corner and not on the other side... the dark side... 8)

Wish I had your level of expertise. Thanks for the partnership.

Jeremy Gault
Respect my authoritei!

Postby Jeremy Gault » January 29th, 2003, 2:19 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
Jeremy wrote:If I told you that I had written a shell script that ran periodically (pretty often) and queried all 13 root nameservers to see if the domain is in any of them yet (and if it is, send an E-Mail to my pager, cell phone, and regular inbox) then would you think I've flipped my lid?

No. I'd think you are potentially dangerous and the kind of guy I want in my corner and not on the other side... the dark side... 8)

That's scary! There are alot of people who know alot more than me as far as UNIX is concerned (i.e. kernel hackers, etc.) ... so if I'm dangerous, I'd hate to think of them. :)

Pastor Gary wrote:Wish I had your level of expertise. Thanks for the partnership.

You're welcome. I just checked the registry whois (what used to be InterNIC) and they show the domain in there now, and they show the status as active. It still has not appeared in the root name servers (which is what must happen for the world to see it.) But at leas they're making progress. And, as soon as it does show up we'll know it. I just hope it's this evening. (Actually, even if it's tonight, thanks to the time zones it will probably be up before you go to bed.)

Joey
Da Bomb!

Postby Joey » January 29th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Jeremy,
For what its worth (2 cent$ on the open market?) I like your new avatar - funny. Also, thanks for coming to the rescue. I wondered how it would transpire.....you're a good man to do what you did.
Gary, welcome back to your rightful place. :D
I have friends that I want to invite.....let me know when I can call them. :wink:

PS What happened to that cool penguin Gary?

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 29th, 2003, 5:20 pm

Hey I just got in from www.jude2.com so it looks like it's okay!

Pastor G I look forward to seeing your announcements!

Kenya

Postby Kenya » January 29th, 2003, 5:24 pm

This is totally awesome! Thanks so much, Jeremy and Pastor G.

I never dreamed this would be up and running so quickly. Nice work.
Kenya

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:21

http://www.somersetcommunitymission.com

Billy n NC

Thanks

Postby Billy n NC » January 29th, 2003, 6:23 pm

Looks Good Pastor G,

Thanks for the hard work..

Jude2.com is now working it is 11:23 PM EST.

Billy n NC

Sherry

Very nice.....

Postby Sherry » January 29th, 2003, 6:30 pm

Nice job PG.....Remember the "old" days when all this was new and the chat room was used heavily? Those were fun days.....look forward to the fellowship on this new board.

An Oldie but a Goodie.... :wink:

Sherry aka YellowRose

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”